Any interest in Bryan Stork?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Surprising cut by Patriots but apparently Brady has a personal favorite C. Stork has started 17 games in 2 years.

Seems weird that they would cut him and not trade him....there seem to be a lot of teams that could use starting caliber help on the OL. The one negative is that he has had 4 concussions so there is that risk.

Since we are 4th on the waiver wire, I would snap him up....still under rookie contract for 2 years so very cheap depth. As a backup not as susceptible to injury with reduced playing time. Would allow us to consider moving Leary....or even him to an OL needy team. Might as well use that waiver wire status to our benefit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surprising cut by Patriots but apparently Brady has a personal favorite C. Stork has started 17 games in 2 years.

Seems weird that they would cut him and not trade him....there seem to be a lot of teams that could use starting caliber help on the OL. The one negative is that he has had 4 concussions so there is that risk.

Since we are 4th on the waiver wire, I would snap him up....still under rookie contract for 2 years so very cheap depth. As a backup not as susceptible to injury with reduced playing time. Would allow us to consider moving Leary....or even him to an OL needy team. Might as well use that waiver wire status to our benefit.

I would, yeah. I'm shocked that the Patriots would flat out cut him as I can't help but think he'd have value in a trade.

But I don't expect him to get past San Diego at #3 in the waiver order anyway.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
lots of concussions. had one in camp. that's why he was cut. can't rely on him to stay on the field

He'd be a backup here so less injury potential. Supposedly is not a great locker room guy. I like the idea of a cheap player with starting experience, especially on a team like NE, but there are reasons that he is on the market.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
From a couple different sources Pats didn't try trading him...so it is very interesting. You would absolutely think he has some trade value.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'd be a backup here so less injury potential. Supposedly is not a great locker room guy. I like the idea of a cheap player with starting experience, especially on a team like NE, but there are reasons that he is on the market.

What's the 'locker room' story?
:huh:

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Another story he lost his cool at bears combined practice. Could be part of it. :huh:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What's the 'locker room' story?
:huh:

Just that he is a really surly dude and doesn't seem to really get along with many people. Then he got kicked out of the joint practice after Bellichick had warned players fighting was not going to be tolerated.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Just that he is a really surly dude and doesn't seem to really get along with many people. Then he got kicked out of the joint practice after Bellichick had warned players fighting was not going to be tolerated.
Frederick, Martin and Smith can fix that

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

As long as he's not a bad team guy or into the 'extracurriculars' or 'Purple Drank' nonsense, I'd be willing to pick up some quality depth.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I really don't expect him to make it far down the waiver wire. How often do you get a chance as a team to get a cheap vet with starting experience? To me this guy is a much better option than the dude we just picked up from the Bears. One question is if you pick a guy up off the waiver wire is there any rule about trading him?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Theoretically, he could be an upgrade at backup C over Looney - giving us Stork, Leary and Chaz as the backup OL. Would be nice to not have to move any guys around should one go down.

Plankton

Reaction score
Three reported and diagnosed concussions in two seasons. Pass.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
how the heck do you get multiple concussions as a center? lol. Was brady kicking him in the head?