Any interest in signing Muscle Hamster (Doug Martin) in Free Agency?

egn22

Reaction score
Rotoworld is reporting that he will be free and unrestricted after this season. Doesn't have a lot of tread and is playing pretty good this season w Tampa.
Thoughts?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Rotoworld is reporting that he will be free and unrestricted after this season. Doesn't have a lot of tread and is playing pretty good this season w Tampa.
Thoughts?

It is a strong bet the Bucs sign Martin back after the numbers he is putting up this year.

egn22

Reaction score
It is a strong bet the Bucs sign Martin back after the numbers he is putting up this year.

But he's unrestricted.... So many of these guys are intrigued by the Star. Worth trying

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I kinda doubt he goes anywhere b/c his price tag won't be that high.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I'd have interest in Martin or Forte, but only for the right price... Drafting a decent RB is usually easier than drafting adequate players at other positions, so using big free agent money on a RB wouldn't be my first choice... We need to throw most of our money and draft picks at the defense, especially at the Safety positions and along the DL...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Too injury prone and considering he may make the pro bowl his price tag may be more then its worth

Wood

Reaction score
Thoughts?

I owned this clown for two years of fantasy football and he would fall over if player yelled at him loudly. This year I don't draft him in FF and he really does look like muscle hamster out there. Dallas defensive players were bouncing off of him. I would kick the tires.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I owned this clown for two years of fantasy football and he would fall over if player yelled at him loudly. This year I don't draft him in FF and he really does look like muscle hamster out there. Dallas defensive players were bouncing off of him. I would kick the tires.

I took him in the 3rd round his rookie year. Probably could have had him way later because no one knew who he was. He did damn well that year. I actually just traded for him, too. Not that it matters because my team is awful but he may be keeper worthy if he finishes the year strong.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
contract year = down year the next season.

Draft someone. Also - didn't we almost have Thomas Rawls?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't trust him.

Plus.. I think Turbin is a similar player who I can trust for a lot less money.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't trust him.

Plus.. I think Turbin is a similar player who I can trust for a lot less money.
1 game is too small of a sample, but he looked good yesterday.

I'd be more than happy going into next year with Turbin - McFadden - Dunbar-Rookie

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Thoughts?

Yes, if only to fully integrate the term "muscle hamster" into this board's lexicon.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I'm just posting so I can get the 3000th post in the roster section.

Woooooooooo!

tm1119

Reaction score
Martin, Miller, Ivory, and Forte are all available and I doubt there will be a bunch of teams looking to throw $ at rb's in FA. I'd be perfectly fine getting the cheapest out of those 4 + a rookie in the 2nd-4th.

And please stop with Turbin already. He's not good, and McFadden is mediocre. An upgrade at RB is definitely needed, but thankfully it can be done rather easily nowadays.