Any interest in trading for any of these players?

reddyuta

Reaction score
signs coming from the Cowboys is that they wont any trades at all.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think if they do make a move, it's for a LB. Easily the weakest unit on the team. You've got one good starter in Lee and one wily vet in Durant who can get by on guile and instincts. And nothing else. The dropoff from either player is significant .

reddyuta

Reaction score
Really? Stephen said they've had their eye on some players and if the opportunity arose, they would do it.
i havent heard that but ,Garrett was not very receptive to the idea.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sheldon Richardson.
Joe Haden.
Josh Gordon.
Richardson is much better then any of our DTs but we are fairly deep there. If we can get him exceptionally cheap then yes. Value is value and talent is talent

Would be more interested in Haden considering post 2016 there isnt much stability at CB. Would only give up a 4th max for him however

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think if they do make a move, it's for a LB. Easily the weakest unit on the team. You've got one good starter in Lee and one wily vet in Durant who can get by on guile and instincts. And nothing else. The dropoff from either player is significant .
At least there is one very good LB starter, and that's basically out of 2 starters since we're in nickel just over 50% of the snaps.

The DL is so bad Marinelli has basically given up and rushes 3 on many passing downs hoping to clog the passing lanes.

I'm not saying we will or should trade for a DL, nor am I saying our LB corp is good, but I still think DL is this teams biggest weakness. There may be some potential at least, but in terms is actual in the field play, not so much yet.

conner01

Reaction score
We aren't trading for a DT who then wants huge money
If a edge rusher was available or maybe a lb
Every team is looking as they do every year but trades at the deadline are rare

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I'd do a Gordon for a 6th trade and let our system try and get him right. he's cheap, young and a top players at his position .

It's just too temping for the risk of a 6th.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
i havent heard that but ,Garrett was not very receptive to the idea.

Garrett has little to no input in the defense, special teams, play calling, or draft day. He is allowed to spout the script for interviews after approved by management.

Maybe the only impromptu thing Garrett does without express approval by Jerry and Co. is clap his hands on the sidelines, toss down a mother f-bomb on occasion, and whiffs on high fives with players that tote the water so he can get paid.

I suspect any day now Garrett will incorporate a gesture during post game remarks, much like Elliott's "Feed Me," but more along the lines of "Pay me." Maybe even a Johnny Manziel sort of thing.

nfl-draft-football.jpg

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Trade Morris to Broncos for Ware or Shane Ray. CJ Anderson is out and Booker is gimpy.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
The reality is Marinelli wants quantity over quality. Good defense is team defense. He wants to sub frequently, keep guys fresh, and send them in waves.

That said, Sheldon Richardson has two years left on his rookie contract. Completely affordable this year. I think it prorates to approx $940k. We can fit him in without any contract restructuring. Next year is his option, which the Jets already picked up. I think it jumps up to $8mil, which is still very affordable for a quality DL.

Currently we have the 31st pick. If a 1st would get it done, I'd pull the trigger and set him up as our 3tech. He's still just 25. At pick 31, we're not likely to find a Richardson. We'd be picking through the 5th to 7th best DL. Biggest negative is he's in the two strikes suspension club though. Likely lowers his value and it's one screwup to a 10 game suspension.