Any link to a site that has the Combine #'s?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find one that has all the numbers- a couple do the top 5, etc, but not all.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I was debating making this its own topic, but I'll put it here.

Chad Jackson just ruined everyone's draft board. He just ran an unofficial 4.29 40, which will EASILY move him past Santonio Holmes as the top receiver. Given that he was the most impressive player at that Skills Challenge thing as well, I'd consider him a top 20 lock at the present time. 4.29 is an unbelievable time; Troy Williamson ran 4.38 last year and it vaulted him from a late first round pick to a mid-first round pick (then the Vikings went and reached for him at 7).

Whether or not you believe the 40 yard dash is a good indicator of how good a receiver will be (I tend to believe it's not), there's no denying that it affects a player's draft stock, and right now Chad Jackson's is through the roof.

EDIT: Jackson's official time is now being reported as 4.32, which is still incredible.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Typhus said:

Chad Jackson just ruined everyone's draft board. He just ran an unofficial 4.29 40, which will EASILY move him past Santonio Holmes as the top receiver. Given that he was the most impressive player at that Skills Challenge thing as well, I'd consider him a top 20 lock at the present time. 4.29 is an unbelievable time; Troy Williamson ran 4.38 last year and it vaulted him from a late first round pick to a mid-first round pick (then the Vikings went and reached for him at 7).

Whether or not you believe the 40 yard dash is a good indicator of how good a receiver will be (I tend to believe it's not), there's no denying that it affects a player's draft stock, and right now Chad Jackson's is through the roof.

EDIT: Jackson's official time is now being reported as 4.32, which is still incredible.

I think a faster surface was put down at the RCA dome this year.

Still, a very impressive time for Jackson.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
Sinorice Moss has an incredible burst, I think he helped his stock in the 40 also.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Mike Kudla (OL from Ohio St.) threw up 45 reps of 225. Yikes.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Avery said:

He also said his personal best is 52 reps in the interview following his lift.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Typhus said:

Wlliamson was already a 1st round pick before the combine last year.

Also, Mathis ran the fastest time last year and that didn't put him in the 1st ran round.

40 time isn't everything.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Avery said:
Isn't he a DE???

Mike Kudla

Class:
Senior

Hometown:
Medina, Ohio

High School:
Highland

Height / Weight:
6-3 / 265

Position:
Defensive End

Birthdate:
03/08/1984

Major:
Business Management

BigWillie

Reaction score
Yes, Kudla is a DE.

I had a thread about him on the draft board just the other night. Complete physical freak.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Chad Jackson has been a stud for a while. He was one of the top 2 or 3 high school WRs in the country when he signed with Florida.

His size, speed and skill reminds me a lot of Andre Johnson. I will be surprised if he's around at #18, but I would love the pick.

Also, I personally believe we do make a run at T.O., so I don't know if I see us going WR in the first round.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
You can't really compare this year's faux 40 times to last year's faux 40 times though.

Indy was redone and has gone from a medium slow tracks to one of the fastest.