Any News On Glenn?

gosuns

Reaction score
We know we get Tank back this week and possibly Henry and Hoyte but any news on Terry Glenn? If we could get him back we would finally have a Cowboys team at full strength.

Woods

Reaction score
We probably get Glenn back in about 4 weeks is my guess.

2 weeks to strengthen his quads and 2 additional weeks to start serious running, etc.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Well, if the estimate was 4-6 weeks then you need to double that b/c Terry is not such a motivated healer when Bill isn't around.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Sounds like he'd be ready to come back if he pushed himself by the Giants game. But they're taking it very easy like we've done with most other injuries this year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1735494 said:
Sounds like he'd be ready to come back if he pushed himself by the Giants game. But they're taking it very easy like we've done with most other injuries this year.
It's better to think he's lazy and unmotivated and that the only way he'll perform is if Tuna is around. It couldn't possibly be because the coaching staff will be as cautious with him as they were with Ellis, Newman, and Henry.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1735511 said:
It's better to think he's lazy and unmotivated and that the only way he'll perform is if Tuna is around. It couldn't possibly be because the coaching staff will be as cautious with him as they were with Ellis, Newman, and Henry.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Some people here... *sigh*.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1735511 said:

I don't think he's lazy or unmotivated. I do think he's overly cautious with his body and that he maybe doesn't listen to what trainers and doctors tell him.

You can tell that from his comments about going out to early and causing more damage to his knee -- the doctors and trainers said that wasn't the case but he wasn't buying that. Sometimes you need someone telling you to get the hell onto the field to offset that.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
abersonc;1735482 said:
Well, if the estimate was 4-6 weeks then you need to double that b/c Terry is not such a motivated healer when Bill isn't around.

Are you saying she is a dog?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If anyone really believes T. Glenn is gonna come back in here and play at the level he played before, and make that big of an impact when he plays is probably gonna be in for a big surprise. How many WRs can come back from arthroscopic surgery on their knee and still play at a high level?

I really hope he can, but thats such a slim chance. Im just getting tired of reading "when glenn gets back blah blah blah...." When Glenn gets back lets just hope he can run first.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;1735614 said:
If anyone really believes T. Glenn is gonna come back in here and play at the level he played before, and make that big of an impact when he plays is probably gonna be in for a big surprise. How many WRs can come back from arthroscopic surgery on their knee and still play at a high level?

I really hope he can, but thats such a slim chance. Im just getting tired of reading "when glenn gets back blah blah blah...." When Glenn gets back lets just hope he can run first.

Didn't we say the same thing about Greg Ellis before he came back?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Greg tearing his ACL is a little different though, this is Terry's second surgery. If you really think hes gonna come in here and be the burner he used to be, thats probably not gonna happen.

not saying I dont want it to happen.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;1735614 said:

SEE: JAVON WALKER

He played lights out last year for the Broncos. But he has always been injury prone.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;1735623 said:
didnt he just rehurt his knee again?

Yeah he did, but you said name one player that has returned from arthroscopic surgery to play at a high level.

walker had 1084 yards receiving and 8 TDs last year, pretty good IMO.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;1735617 said:
Greg tearing his ACL is a little different though, this is Terry's second surgery. If you really think hes gonna come in here and be the burner he used to be, thats probably not gonna happen.

not saying I dont want it to happen.

Greg tore his Achielles Tendon which is considered a more serious injury than a torn ACL. Glenn's knee problems are a concern but he does keep himself in tip-top shape so I think he can make a contribution for our playoff run.

visionary

Reaction score
it is ridiculous to call him lazy and unmotivated. he knows that this could be his last season and he wants a SB ring. he will be careful, play the last 2 games of the regular season and be ready for the playoffs.