Any rumors regarding LVE?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We definitely will need to sign a LB or two. Parsons might play more edge than last year with Gregory gone. LVE, Wags, Hicks, etc. Some decent options still out there.
The Cowboys have a good chance of of upgrading the linebacker positions with options like Bobby Wagner, or Nakobe Dean, or Jabril Cox, or Chad Muma from Wyoming. LVE probably would be long shot option after the draft on one of those low dollar prove it deals.

Parsons and Cox are the only 2 LB's on the roster right now, unless you count RFA in Bernard, and reserves / futures deal with Bond.
Last year they hardly signed any LB's, they went through the off season and TC with no more than 7 on the roster. Which was dumb.

I guess they can try to bring back Neal, then the LVE option. But they need to Draft a few LB's. However they will probably sign a few very low level FA's later on, then a few UDFA's.
No matter what they better have a good 10 for TC not 7 again.

I actually thought they should have Neal at SS, and draft LB's.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Team may look at LVE post draft with a very cheap, one year deal, should he be still available in FA,
and if we don't draft a regarded LB high, nor sign a high profile vet stud LB in FA (ala Wagner, Miller)

- if we draft a high regard LB prospect within first two rounds, we'll gradually ease him in eventual starting lineup.
and adding cheap street FA vets post draft,(LVE?) to add with Jabril Cox

- But if LVE is still out there on the streets by next week, so much for his market value as an UFA.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'll agree LVE isn't what he was during his rookie season. With that said, if he came back on a very cheap/friendly deal, he is still a very serviceable player.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don't want any rumors concerning him. I want hard confirmation his ties to this organization has been severed and we are moving forward with other players.
Gotta cut the cord on some of these players. You've seen what they are. No need holding on hoping they'll miraculously become great.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I hope we go another direction. Heck even a rookie 3rd rounder might be a better direction.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen offered him 50,000 and a one-bedroom apartment. That sounds like a deal. and a box of neck braces too.
Thats incorrect. He is asking for a box of neck braces. They had an agreement, but when the van showed up at the motel, it was only bag of neck braces.

He is a Bronco now

Plankton

Reaction score
Parsons and Cox are the only 2 LB's on the roster right now, unless you count RFA in Bernard, and reserves / futures deal with Bond.
Last year they hardly signed any LB's, they went through the off season and TC with no more than 7 on the roster. Which was dumb.

I guess they can try to bring back Neal, then the LVE option. But they need to Draft a few LB's. However they will probably sign a few very low level FA's later on, then a few UDFA's.
No matter what they better have a good 10 for TC not 7 again.

I actually thought they should have Neal at SS, and draft LB's.

Didn't they not extend a tender to Bernard, making him a UFA?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
And we let him off the hook!!

AUve.gif

Firing squad?

plasticman

Reaction score
LVE will end up being a steal for someone.

How many DC's since he was signed? At least three.

Under the proper circumstances and in the proper alignment, LVE could flourish.

jnday

Reaction score
Let's face it -- LVE isn't what we thought he was! Whatever happens with him is likely for the best. Let's wish him the best, though!:popcorn:
He was exactly the player that they thought he was, which included the rumors about his neck being a problem. Before the neck injury, he was a really good rookie with a bright future ahead of him. The neck injury put a halt to a very promising career and he didn’t return to playing at the level he did before the injury until the last few games of the season.