Any word on Spencer?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DMN blog says we'll likely have an update after practice some time.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
adbutcher;2189263 said:
What happened?
Hurt his knee in the game on Saturday. Didn't know it until after the game when he had swelling. Initially diagnosed as a bone bruise.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theogt;2189268 said:
Hurt his knee in the game on Saturday. Didn't know it until after the game when he had swelling. Initially diagnosed as a bone bruise.

Had to have the leg amputated unfortunately -- it might hurt his pass rush a little. :lmao2:

Angus

Reaction score
Spencer out again

OLB Anthony Spencer is not practicing and remains out with a knee bruise. He was expected to have an MRI....CB Terence Newman remains out.
Spencer has come out on the field to watch practice wearing shorts and a T-shirt...DE Marcus Dixon (back) also remains out....CB Quincy Butler (hamstring) went through individual drills but is now on the side working with the athletic trainers.
- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:51 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Angus;2189278 said:
Spencer out again

OLB Anthony Spencer is not practicing and remains out with a knee bruise. He was expected to have an MRI....CB Terence Newman remains out.
Spencer has come out on the field to watch practice wearing shorts and a T-shirt...DE Marcus Dixon (back) also remains out....CB Quincy Butler (hamstring) went through individual drills but is now on the side working with the athletic trainers.
- Rick Herrin

I'll bet Ellis is looking a whole lot better now! And some of you wanted to trade poor Greg. For shame.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
theogt;2189268 said:

Thanks...

Jokes about the injuries are not funny, not even a little.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
August 12, 2008
Anthony Spencer, Terence Newman will return soon
2:32 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
OLB Anthony Spencer might practice against the Broncos tomorrow after sitting out the last two days with a bruised right knee.

"It's just a little swollen," said Spencer, whose MRI didn't reveal any structural damage. "I bumped knees with somebody. Everything's good."

Terence Newman probably won't practice or play against the Broncos, but Wade Phillips said it "won't be long" until the Pro Bowl cornerback returns to practice. Newman has been sidelined since the first week of training camp with a groin pull.

"Newman's coming along," Phillips said. "We're being real cautious. We really want to get him 100 percent before he comes back."

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Good news. we must have Newman and Spencer ready to go when the real games start.Spencer is going to be a player for us.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
just in case you missed, bobby carpenter was on yesterday, today will be jenn engel from china at olympics, and evan olgesby interview, on KTBB, joe

FCBarca

Reaction score
theebs;2189300 said:
August 12, 2008
OLB Anthony Spencer might practice against the Broncos tomorrow after sitting out the last two days with a bruised right knee.

"It's just a little swollen," said Spencer, whose MRI didn't reveal any structural damage. "I bumped knees with somebody. Everything's good."

Terence Newman probably won't practice or play against the Broncos, but Wade Phillips said it "won't be long" until the Pro Bowl cornerback returns to practice. Newman has been sidelined since the first week of training camp with a groin pull.

"Newman's coming along," Phillips said. "We're being real cautious. We really want to get him 100 percent before he comes back."

Very good news :bow:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
theebs;2189300 said:
August 12, 2008

I hope he knows the truth and is telling the truth. I've come to not trust Wade's prognosises (prognoses? prognosti?)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
LB Spencer Undergoes MRI on Knee
Posted by jellis at 8/12/2008 2:53 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Cowboys outside linebacker Anthony Spencer on Tuesday said an MRI confirmed the swelling in his knee was the result of a bone bruise suffered in Saturday's preseason game in San Diego.

The injury is not expected to linger, the second-year pass rusher said he figures to miss just a couple days. That would include Wednesday's and Thursday's joint-practices with the Denver Broncos, but the Purdue product said he hopes to play in the preseason game in the Mile High City on Saturday.

Spencer had two tackles against San Diego. He experienced no swelling Sunday, a players day off, but the knee flared up Monday, forcing him to miss practice. He watched Tuesday's no-pads workout from the sidelines.

-Josh Ellis

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2189484 said:
LB Spencer Undergoes MRI on Knee
Posted by jellis at 8/12/2008 2:53 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Cowboys outside linebacker Anthony Spencer on Tuesday said an MRI confirmed the swelling in his knee was the result of a bone bruise suffered in Saturday's preseason game in San Diego.

The injury is not expected to linger, the second-year pass rusher said he figures to miss just a couple days. That would include Wednesday's and Thursday's joint-practices with the Denver Broncos, but the Purdue product said he hopes to play in the preseason game in the Mile High City on Saturday.

Spencer had two tackles against San Diego. He experienced no swelling Sunday, a players day off, but the knee flared up Monday, forcing him to miss practice. He watched Tuesday's no-pads workout from the sidelines.

-Josh Ellis

Bone bruise. That thing has to be purple right now. I don't think that will keep him out on Saturday though.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2189459 said:
I hope he knows the truth and is telling the truth. I've come to not trust Wade's prognosises (prognoses? prognosti?)

I'm with ya on not trusting Wade's prognoses. IIRC, TNew got hurt before (or during) the denver game from last year's preseason. Wade said he would be out a couple of weeks. We didn't see TNew until the 4th regular season game.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Hopefully Spencer's time off doesn't cause Ellis's back to act up again.

Maybe this extra week of work will let Eric Walden (sp?, our late rounder 5/6th) show that he has the potential to warrant a roster spot.