Any work-out junkies on this forum?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
I got tired of being skinny. The most I ever weight was 166lb coming out of Marine Corp boot camp. At 6'-2" that is farily skinny. Any I started working out back in September of 2003. I religiously followed a book published by a guy named Anthony Ellis.

Just curious!!!

Rude

Reaction score
Im very into bodybuilding and all that stuff. Feel weird if I miss a workout

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Rude said:
Im very into bodybuilding and all that stuff. Feel weird if I miss a workout
cool. I have been working out for 9 months. I am up to 194lbs. I eat 6 meals a day. 3 Myoplex EAS (500 calories each) meal replacement and 3 square meals a day. Of course I go to the Gym 3 times a week.

Rude

Reaction score
Qcard said:
cool. I have been working out for 9 months. I am up to 194lbs. I eat 6 meals a day. 3 Myoplex EAS (500 calories each) meal replacement and 3 square meals a day. Of course I go to the Gym 3 times a week.

Cool, I see your eating right ( the six small meals a day for your metablism) Plus the added protein to build muscle

pretty impressive getting to 194 since you started out at 166 in such a short period of time.

Reaction score
Qcard said:
I religiously followed a book published by a guy named Anthony Ellis.

Just curious!!!

whypic.jpg

Anthony Ellis??​

:p

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm trying to go the other way......

I weighed about 245 pounds in November.....I've worked out regularly since then and I've lost about 45 pounds.

I'm down to 200. My goal is to get back down to 195.

I lift every other day and run 2 miles every day. I've lost 6 inches from my waist, but I still can't get rid of the flab on my gut.

Any advice on how to get rid of the flab?

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Bizwah said:

I weighed about 245 pounds in November.....I've worked out regularly since then and I've lost about 45 pounds.

I lift every other day and run 2 miles every day. I've lost 6 inches from my waist, but I still can't get rid of the flab on my gut.

Keep up with the aroebic exercise, weight lifting and continue to eat healthy. (ie low fat foods). It takes a while so be patient. Weight loss can be achieved reletively fast, but physical changes to your bodies appearance take a little longer for most. Just hang in there and keep on training. (Mix in different stomach isolation exercises too if you don't already do it).

Rude

Reaction score
Bizwah said:

Well, your doing a lot of things right already, so congrats on the weight loss.

You burn fat more effective if you do cardio in the mornings with an empty stomach. Also after a weight lifting workout you could do cardio, helps a lot.

Also, you could change your weighlifting program into catogories (sp) . For example, chest on monday, arms on tuesday, legs on wednesday, back on thursday. Off on friday and saturday.

Dont forget to consume a lot of water as well.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Rude said:
Well, your doing a lot of things right already, so congrats on the weight loss.

You burn fat more effective if you do cardio in the mornings with an empty stomach. Also after a weight lifting workout you could do cardio, helps a lot.

Also, you could change your weighlifting program into catogories (sp) . For example, chest on monday, arms on tuesday, legs on wednesday, back on thursday. Off on friday and saturday.

Dont forget to consume a lot of water as well.

Well said.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah said:

Thanks for the replies fellas.

In the program I am doing Anthony Eillis (http://www.musclegaintips.com/) states that the flab or the gut can only be lost or toned if you eat right. I was able to do 120 situps or crunches in 2 mins (Marine Corp training) and I still wasn't able to develop rock solid abs.

I eat alot of Chicken breast, lean beef, brown rice. leafy greens, salads basically low fatty foods with high protein content and enough carbs and vitamins to get a balanced diet.

My goal initially was 200lb, the program was so effective that I am aiming for 220lb. I am what you would call a hard gainer. I have a high metabolism.

Duane

Reaction score
Rude said:
Cool, I see your eating right ( the six small meals a day for your metablism) Plus the added protein to build muscle

pretty impressive getting to 194 since you started out at 166 in such a short period of time.
I agree. It took me a couple of years to put on 30pds...Qcard, what's your routine?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I got up to almost 220 last year...changed my diet, stopped drinking regular cokes. Lost about 50 lbs. Started working out 4 days a week about a month ago. 2 days shoulders + arms, 2 days chest. 20 minutes of stairclimber and ab stuff every day. I'm 155 now which was my target weight...trying to get buff now but I'm not a fanatic really.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qcard said:
I got tired of being skinny. The most I ever weight was 166lb coming out of Marine Corp boot camp. At 6'-2" that is farily skinny. Any I started working out back in September of 2003. I religiously followed a book published by a guy named Anthony Ellis.

Just curious!!!

Don't hit the heavy weights these days, just light.

I run 6 days per week, between 50-60 miles per week.

I run road races about 25 times per year.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Duane said:
I agree. It took me a couple of years to put on 30pds...Qcard, what's your routine?
My routine is laid out in a book published by Athony Ellis
http://www.musclegaintips.com/. I found this site and info. about a year ago. It has changed my whole life. The book details how to work out, what foods to eat and which supplements to take. The book is back by scientific info.

I suggest you read access the site and read some of the testimonies. It takes alotof dedication and discipline but it pays off big time. I got married on July 10th. The wedding plans started last year in September. I didn't want to be a skinny guy in my Tuxedo and my wedding pictures. I got motivated and did alot of research and found the program. In September of 2003 I weight 160lb. Today I am a lean 194lb. I am coming of a 2 week break and aiming for 220lb.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Don't hit the heavy weights these days, just light.

I run 6 days per week, between 50-60 miles per week.

I run road races about 25 times per year.
Cool sarge.

I had the fastest time in my platoon at boot camp (Marine Corp - Paris Island SC) in the 3 mile PFT run. I ran 18.01 that is about 6 minute mile. My parents were originally from Kenya.I have some of that Kenyan stamina in my genetic make-up. ;)

I hit the weights religiously. My wife thinks I am a fanatic. My 3 year old daughter loves going to the gym because they have an awesome child care center.

Anyway thanks for the reply sarge.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I religiously put in 8-9 hours a day on my SitMaster.

Also, my house has two flights and when going up the stairs, regardless of how tired I am or if I am carrying a Ben and Jerry's pint, I will sometimes take the last two steps in one stride.

:D