Anybody else love the fullback

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I've been watching him since his college days. I always knew he was special but feared we woukd never use him right.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's an ok player that feels like a star because the offense sucks so bad......in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He's an ok player that feels like a star because the offense sucks so bad......in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king....
Im kinda here..on an offense that was clicking he would be a nice piece to sprinkle in

Sully

Reaction score
lupeke is that his name. I would run the ball and run the ball until the offensive line learned how to do it, you’re not winning anyways, lol.
Not true, but I do love the guy.
Why are we talking fullback? Because this team doesn't have a RB and Cowboys are DEAD LAST in rushing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lupeke is that his name. I would run the ball and run the ball until the offensive line learned how to do it, you’re not winning anyways, lol.
Not true, but I do love the guy.
when you notice and love the fullback, it tells you a lot about the the offense. you don't love the OL, you don't love the RBs, you don't love the WRs, but you love the FB

he should be invisible.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hunter Luepke was the fullback type the offense needed in Ezekiel Elliott's prime. Strike #____________ for the roster acquisition decision-maker.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I’m surprised at his pass catching and YAC. The Steelers are coming with the Rush so dump off some passes to both Leupke and Dowdle watch them take on the 2nd level .

plasticman

Reaction score
Shhh....They will start to overuse him if we encourage it.

He's good for 3 plays a game under the right circumstances.

Tom Landry had a guy like Leupke back in the 60's and early 70's. He wasn't a starter but he always seemed to make a couple splash plays a game.

He was even used as a quarterback on some occasions, but he was an excellent blocker and receiver. He was highly intelligent. He became a player/coach for a few seasons before retiring from playing.

As a Cowboys player, he participated in two NFL championship games, two NFC championship games and two Super Bowls.

He became a fulltime coach for the Cowboys and, eventually, their OC. I had him pegged to eventually replace Landry but he got scooped up and was the HC for 3 different teams over the next 23 years. He took two of those teams to Super Bowls for a total of four Super Bowls. However, he lost each game.

By now, most of you know I was referring to Dan Reeves, a former, undrafted free agent.