Anybody employed at a college (non-Professors)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a possible job opportunity at a large university that I'm considering. It's a state school and I know the pay and it fits what I'm looking for. It's an administrative position, full-time, etc.

Curious to know people here that currently work for a university in this type of capacity or have in the past. What their impressions were, etc?

Thanks in advance.

YR

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I work at one. I will tell you this......its a whole different world. I worked in the private sector for years, then made the switch. There is an incredible amount of red tape that goes into it. So many rules, and regulations. It will take you literally a couple years to get used to it. I'm not saying it is good, or bad. Just different. Like anything else, you will get used to it though. The other thing....depending on your level of education, it can be difficult to advance through the ranks. Since it is an educational institution, they really lean towards heavily educated people. Some positions you simply can't grow into just because you have experience or can do the job. You have to have a graduate degree or a doctorate. Even for the non "professor" gigs.

PM me for more details or specifics.