Anybody following the USC vs Historical teams on ESPN

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
They do a segment either everyday or every about USC vs other great teams.

I laughed when they said 2005 USC could beat 95 Nebraska.

95 Nebraksa would beat the living crap out USC.

This greatest team ever nonsense really needs to chill...oh wait...it's good for the ratings...nm

- Mike G.

royhitshard

Reaction score
I agree it has to stop. They are not the greateset ever. And comparing teams from the past to present, is ridiculous. Until they win 47 in a row, they shouldn't even be considered. If the system was the same now as it was in the 50's OU would have had three in a row. I agree 95 NU would have stuffed USC's offense.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Athletically speaking, USC is the greatest team we've ever seen

However, this is more a sign of the times, considering players are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever

jcollins28

Reaction score
F SC!!! I can not stand all these front running SC fan boys around here. 5 years ago you could walk the streets and not see more then 5 people wearing anything that had USC on it. Now you see all these so called Trojan fans acting all hard like they went to SC. Considering that getting into SC is easier then your local JC I think maybe some of them did. I just want this Bowl game to be done with and for the Horns to kill SC and we can all be done with this non sense. Once Football season is done with SC fan boy slips into their Reggie Bush pj's and goes into hibernation until football cranks up again. Unlike most schools where you can follow your school into Basketball and other sports SC fan has to watch tapes of the previous football season to have anything to cheer about.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yep, they are all over the place now.

And HH31, USC is the most athletic team you have ever seen :cool:

Like I said on another, they need to stick to trying to be the best team in 2005-2006...

- Mike G.

jimmy40

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yep, they are all over the place now.

And HH31, USC is the most athletic team you have ever seen :cool:

Like I said on another, they need to stick to trying to be the best team in 2005-2006...

- Mike G.
Even Baylor looks athletic to an aggie. :lmao:

joseephuss

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

However, this is more a sign of the times, considering players are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever

Take away Reggie Bush and USC is not that overly athletic. No one can match Bush, that is easy to see. USC has great athletes, but as a whole I don't see them having any more than other teams that have won national championships in the last 10 years.

The 95 Nebraska team was very athletic and pick a Miami team from anywhere in the past 10 years and they will have more athletes than USC does now. Florida State had teams with athletes at every position 5 years ago. Even Texas may have more pure athletes on their team this season. That doesn't make Texas the better team, but some of those guys can flat out move. They have a lot of speed and quickness and some size as well. USC is a good combination of athletes and schemes. Some of their schemes cover for areas where they don't have great athletes. I don't think they have had that many great athletes on defense during this run.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
If you are just speaking athletically, Texas and a few other teams have them beat. The reason they are so good is the scheme Carrol craps outta his arse. If texas's gameplan works (force individual matchups) you will see how USC stacks up Athletically speaking.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
The comparison's to 95 Nebraska are laughable. No way that the USC D would be able to stop Ahman Green, Lawerence Phillips and Tommie Frazier. Nebraska's D was flat out nasty as well.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Tio said:
If you are just speaking athletically, Texas and a few other teams have them beat. The reason they are so good is the scheme Carrol craps outta his arse. If texas's gameplan works (force individual matchups) you will see how USC stacks up Athletically speaking.
Not to mention the weak Pac-10 where the 4th placed Big 12 team just beat a number 6 ranked PAC-10 team with 10 wins.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
The comparison's to 95 Nebraska are laughable. No way that the USC D would be able to stop Ahman Green, Lawerence Phillips and Tommie Frazier. Nebraska's D was flat out nasty as well.

I dont think Ahman Green was on that Squad.

I think he was a Sophmore in 97, when he helped them win the Split National title with Michigan.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
To add..

Again, that Florida Squad they totally destroyed in the Fiesta Bowl was loaded and even went on to win the National Title the following year.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:

Reggie Bush is the best pure athlete College football has ever seen. Better than Vick, better than Deion.

Matt Leinart isnt known for his running, however he does run a 4.6 and is fairly athletic for his size

USC has 3 of the best, most athletic WRs in college football

By comparison, Texas has Vince Young, and thats it. None of their RBs are close to Bush, and Limas Sweed is their best WR, a guy who wouldnt break the depth chart at Southern Cal.

And Pete Carrol's system works so well because he has the best players in the nation running it

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Reggie Bush is the best pure athlete College football has ever seen. Better than Vick, better than Deion.

Matt Leinart isnt known for his running, however he does run a 4.6 and is fairly athletic for his size

By comparison, Texas has Vince Young, and thats it. None of their RBs are close to Bush, and Limas Sweed is their best WR, a guy who wouldnt break the depth chart at Southern Cal.

And Pete Carrol's system works so well because he has the best players in the nation running it
You really don't pay attention to history huh? Vick was faster and quicker than Reggie. Leinart isn't even [art of the equation. Id like to see him run at the combine, he is slow. If you think Texas only has Young , you know less about Big 12 fb than I give you credit for. Charles is a freshman who forced Brown to put him in because he was that good. He is almost as fast as Bush, and will be almost as good by next year. Maybe not in recieving, but interms of carrying the ball, I think he can pyll it off. Texas is much deeper, with Selvin young and Taylor backing him up both would be getting 20-25 carries a game with most teams. Theyre recievers, while not composed, are very athletic acroos the board. Sweed is gonna surprise a bunch of people going against that USC secondary.

WHen you throw in Defense, it isn't that close.

joseephuss

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Leinart is not a good athlete. He is a good QB, but not an athlete. The USC receivers are athletic, but there have been many teams that have had more athletic receiving corps. A&M the last few years have had receiving corps who were very gifted from a pure athletic standpoint. They just ran bad routes and could not catch.

I give USC a lot of credit for being a very good team over the past few seasons, but they are not the most athletic team ever.