Anybody like the idea of trading up for TERRENCE CODY

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
For those who pay attention to the NCAA you all know how much of a beast he is. He comes in at nearly 400 pounds and demands constant double teams. He is also athletic, and probaly stronger then even Leonard Davis. With the way Ratliff is playing against double teams, imagine what hed do at his natural spot which is DE with a big mammouth like Cody in the middle.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31;2428470 said:
For those who pay attention to the NCAA you all know how much of a beast he is. He comes in at nearly 400 pounds and demands constant double teams. He is also athletic, and probaly stronger then even Leonard Davis. With the way Ratliff is playing against double teams, imagine what hed do at his natural spot which is DE with a big mammouth like Cody in the middle.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude is Shaun Rogers with Casey Hampton's motor. That has always been the knock on Rogers and one of Hampton's strong points (to go along with his unbelievable strength).

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Without a first rounder, I doubt we can trade up high enough to get him.

We need to get someone similar to him, though.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
We dont need to trade up to get him. If he is there when we're picking, great, I think he would be a good asset to us.

But I dont think we need to trade up to get him. We have other worries besides simply NT to address in the draft.

1fisher

Reaction score
He's a monster! I see several of their games and he's tough!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If he falls enough to a spot where we might be able to move up and get him then that would be great.

hockix

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2428485 said:

True... we won't be able to trade that high.
But it is nice to dream.
He would be awsome beside Rat..

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
What about this guy. Like Cody, he is huge strong quick and athletic (w/stamina issues_did not even last 12 minutes into his first NFL training camp w/Saints).

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=4558880

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/25/sports/football/25nfl.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I mean, without a first rounder, what could it hurt??? Thomas is also a Texas boy (from Galveston) so how hard would it be to bring him in for a look? And I'm sure Juraszek can help with his conditioning.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Cody is a great talent but he is very young and green and could use more time in college. He has said repeatedly that he is coming back for his Sr. year. In fact he posted a message on his facebook page yesterday saying he was returning for his Sr. year.

Obviously the situation could change and we will see how it shakes out after the season and he is evaluated.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
400 lbs? Will he be like Shaun Rodgers and need entire quarters off because he's tired?

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Cody will be long gone. The other alternative is to sign Albert hanyesworth. The titans aren't going to pay what he's going to demand.

khiladi

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2428539 said:
Cody will be long gone. The other alternative is to sign Albert hanyesworth. The titans aren't going to pay what he's going to demand.

Yes they will... Nobody in their right minds would let that guy go...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2428539 said:

Oh yes they will.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
No way he gets out of a Titans uniform. He's done way too much the last two seasons for them to let him walk just cause they don't want to pay him.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2428485 said:

What about trading our 2010 1st round pick? Teams trade draft picks for the following year all the time.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
satam55;2428479 said:
no! We Need To Move To A 4-3 Defense! Screw The 3-4 Defense!

No. Not until we start rebuilding again. We start over on nothing at this point.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I thought Cody was a Soph. at Alabama. I know he went to JC but I have not heard that he is coming out. Did I miss something?