Anybody like the idea of trading up for TERRENCE CODY

VACowboy

Reaction score
There are two great NT prospects at BC, Tahj and Brace. They're both 6-2ish, 330+ and quick.

ms9221

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2428575 said:
No way he gets out of a Titans uniform. He's done way too much the last two seasons for them to let him walk just cause they don't want to pay him.
Well I can tell you this he cannot Franchise him again that's the truths so Albert Hanyesworth can either sign or let him go as a free agent . So if Steven and Jerry rework some contracts then can sign Albert when becomes a free agent.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2428490 said:
We dont need to trade up to get him. If he is there when we're picking, great, I think he would be a good asset to us.

But I dont think we need to trade up to get him. We have other worries besides simply NT to address in the draft.

Well no on said we would have to give up our ENTIRE draft to get him.

I would LOVE to get him, he's 370 pounds and woud be such a force cloggin up double temas freeing up our L.B.'s and making Ratliff that much better, Ratliff could have 15 sacks considering how good he is now while getting at least double teamed on every play from playing N.T. now, put Cody at N.T. taking up 2 blockers leaving Ratliff one on one and he'd get abou 15 sacks for a 3-4 lineman which is just insane!

Cody would be the final piece to this defense, the ONE THING this defense has been lacking all year is, well actually 2 things, and Cody solves them both.
We are missing a HUGE N.T. to clog up the middle to free up our L.B.'s and we're missing any resemblance of a pass rush from our L.D.E. position, Cody would solve both problems.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Cody says he is staying at Alabame and he should...

11/15/08 - NT Terrence Cody has come from out of nowhere to a possible first-round draft choice if he were to decide to come out after this season. But the junior college signee says he expects to be back with Alabama for a senior year. "I still have my mind made up," Cody said. "Unless something really comes up, I still have my mind made up on coming back for next year."

khiladi

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2428917 said:

11/15/08 - NT Terrence Cody has come from out of nowhere to a possible first-round draft choice if he were to decide to come out after this season. But the junior college signee says he expects to be back with Alabama for a senior year. "I still have my mind made up," Cody said. "Unless something really comes up, I still have my mind made up on coming back for next year."

How many times have we heard that through mid-season in college...

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2428917 said:

Well then we'd better set our sites on both B.C. N.T.'s in B.J. Raji and Ron Brace, in fact I would say DRAFT BOTH OF THEM, and don't laugh, I think we should draft both of them, if we could maybe move up in round 3 and snag Raji, and then if Bwe could land Brace in late round 4 or 5, it would be ideal.

We could then start Raji and have Brace as the backup N.T. which allows us to cut ties with Tank and move Ratliff to D.E.!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2428631 said:
I'd rather have the big kid from Boston College.

There are two kids from BC who seem pretty good from what the Scouts say..

B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
91562007.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Name: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]B.J. Raji[/SIZE][/FONT]
College: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Boston College[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Number: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]90[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Height:[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] 6-1[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Weight:[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] 325[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Position: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]DT[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Pos2:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Class/Draft Year:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]rSr/2009[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Time:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5.15[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5.04[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 High:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5.32[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Projected Round: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2[/SIZE][/FONT] Stock:
up.gif

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rated number [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]3[/SIZE][/FONT] out of 164 DT's[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]31[/SIZE][/FONT] / 2551 TOTAL[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Draft Scout Snapshot:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DS Rating on 8/24/08: #5 DT, #60/750 Overall, Projected Rnd: 3[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]2007: Redshirted due to academic reasons. 2006: 12 GP; 12 GS; 16 Sol-23 TT, 8.5 TFL, 3 SK, 3 PBU, 1 QBH, 1 FF; Received All-ACC second-team honors...Started 12 games at defensive tackle...had 23 tackles, including 16 solo stops...made 8.5 tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, forced one fumble and had three pass breakups...earned All-ACC second-team honors... 2005: 12 GP; 12 GS; 15 Sol-27 TT, 6.5 TFL, 1.5 SK, 1 PBU; Started all 12 contests at right defensive tackle...registered 27 tackles (20 solos), 1.5 sacks, 6.5 tackles for loss and one pass breakup... 2004: 8 GP; 0 GS; 6 Sol-13 TT, 1.5 TFL; Worked his way into the rotation at defensive tackle as a true freshman...registered 13 tackles (6 solos) and 1.5 tackles for loss...was listed at number two on the depth chart (behind Tim Bulman) at left tackle...saw his first collegiate action in home opener against Penn State.[/SIZE][/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Overview[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Raji is a short, squatty defender who flashes the explosiveness off the snap, raw power and ability to hold up against the double-team to translate into a high-round draft selection. However, he has to prove to scouts that he's mentally prepared for the pressure of the NFL. A second team All-ACC selection in 2006, Raji was expected to be the dominant cog in the BC defensive line in 2007, but didn't fulfill his academic obligations and missed the entire season. With his academics back in order, Raji has a chance to jump to the top of a marginal senior defensive tackle class. His tackle numbers aren't staggering -- he finished the 2006 season with only 23 -- but his ability to clog running lanes and generate tackles for loss (8.5, including 3.0 sacks in 2006) makes him an intriguing option for teams looking for a versatile run-stuffer capable of helping in either the 3-4 or 4-3 alignment. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Analysis[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Positives: Flashes rare burst off the snap for a man his size and can penetrate into the backfield and disrupt the play without necessarily making the tackle. Good strength and mass at the point of attack to create a pile. Experienced. Missed the 2007 season due to academics, but enters his senior season with 24 career starts. Locates the ball quickly and works to make the play. At his best lining up at the nose, though he flashes the initial burst off the snap to be effective as the under-tackle in the 4-3 alignment. Strong enough to pull down ballcarriers with just his arms. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Negatives: Marginal height for the position. Only adequate to shed blocks due to his short arms and marginal lateral quickness. Flashes the burst off the snap for the three-technique (under tackle in the 4-3 alignment), but is only a marginal pass rusher. Relies on his initial burst off the snap and an occasional spin move to pressure. Reliable tackler, but lacks the balance and lateral quickness to break down and make the tackle in space. Has been at his most effective when operating as part of a rotation. Maturity is a concern. Has struggled with his weight, playing in 2006 at more than 350 pounds. Was suspended for the first half of the Clemson game in 2006 for throwing a punch at a Central Michigan player. Missed the entire 2007 season due to academics. Will have to prove he is 100 percent after missing the 2008 spring recovering from shoulder surgery. [/FONT][/SIZE]

Draft Scout Player News
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10/07/08 - DT B.J. Raji, with a bunch of pro scouts watching, had three sacks for 21 yards (Austin Giles had two sacks, Ron Brace one) vs. North Carolina State. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]08/03/08 - “I learned so much in this last year. One thing I learned was patience. No matter how bad I wanted to get on the field, it wasn’t happening. I learned humility,” Raji said. “No matter what I was, it’s ‘What have you done for me lately?’ I had to take a backseat, which I didn’t have a problem with, but it wasn’t something I was expecting. It was all thrown on me in a week’s time. And I had to learn how to take responsibility for my actions. “And to be honest, it was kind of a blessing in disguise because I got a chance to critique my film a lot. I feel like between my last game and now, I’m a completely different player.” Jagodzinski believes Raji has learned to appreciate football more. “I think one of the things that was beneficial to him was that he realized how fast football can go away and it made him hungrier. And I think he’s going to come back with that extra year of maturity, and that extra year of having Loscalzo in the weight room is going to make him even a better player,” Jagodzinski said. “When you have experiences like that, it’s going to change you one way or another and it changed him for the better.” - Steve Conroy, Boston Herald[/SIZE][/FONT]

Ron Brace, DT, Boston College
9092.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Name: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Ron Brace[/SIZE][/FONT]
College: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Boston College[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Number: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]60[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Height:[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] 6-3[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Weight:[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] 326[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Position: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]DT[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Pos2:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Class/Draft Year:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]rSr/2009[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Time:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5.32[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 Low:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5.14[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]40 High:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5.47[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Projected Round: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4[/SIZE][/FONT] Stock:
up.gif

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rated number [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]7[/SIZE][/FONT] out of 164 DT's[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]93[/SIZE][/FONT] / 2551 TOTAL[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Draft Scout Snapshot:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]DS Rating on 8/24/08: #13 DT, #172/750 Overall, Projected Rnd: 5-6[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]2007: 14 GP; 7 GS; 14 Sol-27 TT, 7.5 TFL, 2.5 SK, 1 QBH; Awarded All-ACC honorable mention...ranked third on the team with 7.5 TFLs, recorded a career-high 2.5 sacks ...finished the season with 27 total tackles (14 solos)...recorded two tackles in the Champs Sports Bowl against Michigan State, helping to keep BC's bowl-game win streak alive with a 24-21 victory... 2006: 11 GP; 11 GS; 11 Sol-20 TT, 3.5 TFL, 1 FR; Played and started in 11 games at defensive tackle…had 20 tackles, including 11 unassisted stops…registered 3.5 tackles for loss...2005: 8 GP; 0 GS; 6 Sol-11 TT, 1 TFL; Finished the season with 11 tackles (six solos) and one tackle for loss...started the season on the two-deep at left tackle (behind Al Washington)...saw his first collegiate action in the season opener at BYU, where he recorded one assist... 2004: Redshirted.[/SIZE][/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2007 Season[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Awarded All-ACC honorable mention...ranked third on the team with 7.5 TFLs, recorded a career-high 2.5 sacks ...finished the season with 27 total tackles (14 solos)...recorded two tackles in the Champs Sports Bowl against Michigan State, helping to keep BC's bowl-game win streak alive with a 24-21 victory...at the ACC Championships against Virginia Tech, registered three tackles (one solo) and assisted on a tackle-for-loss...recorded his seventh TFL this season, resulting in a loss of five yards in the defensive outing that held Miami to 281 yards, giving BC it's 10th win of the regular season...put together a season-high four total-tackle performance (three solo) and a TFL in game at Maryland...combined for two assisted tackles and his fifth tackle-for-loss on the season in game against Florida State...assisted on a tackle in defensive outing that kept Virginia Tech within range to stage a BC fourth-quarter come-from-behind win...got to Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen for a sack that lost eight yards, giving him 2.5 sacks on the season, a career high...assisted on a sack and combined for two total tackles, including a TFL for five yards in solid defensive performance against Bowling Green...combined for two total tackles, including a TFL in win over Massachusetts...compiled a total of two tackles, one solo, in performance against Army...recorded first sack of career, causing a loss of seven yards in win over Georgia Tech...also had three solo tackles on the night...made a solo tackle, a TFL for four yards, in win over NC State...got the start and registered two tackles in the season opener vs. Wake Forest.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2006 Season[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Played and started in 11 games at defensive tackle…had 20 tackles, including 11 unassisted stops…registered 3.5 tackles for loss…recorded one solo tackle against Central Michigan…had one solo stop in win over Clemson…registered three solo tackles against Maine…had one solo tackle in win over Virginia Tech…made three tackles (two solo) at Wake Forest…had one tackle including 0.5 tackle for loss against Duke…made one stop against Maryland…had four stops (three solo) including 1.0 tackle for loss at Miami…made a career-high five tackles (three solo), including 1.0 tackle for loss and recovered one fumble in Meineke Car Care Bowl versus Navy.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Draft Scout Player News
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]09/15/08 - DT Ron Brace (back) is supposed to play in this week’s game against Central Florida. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]09/15/08 - The Eagles missed too many tackles and made too many mistakes to pull off the win over Georgia Tech. Injuries are already a problem, as defensive end Alex Albright has been lost for the year to neck surgery. DT Ron Brace is battling a back issue and cornerback DeLeon Gause has twice suffered ankle injuries and is a probable for Central Florida. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]09/08/08 - DT Ron Brace had to be helped off the field late with an undisclosed injury in week 2. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]08/30/08 - 2008 Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List: Ron Brace, DT, Boston College, has been selected to the final 2008 Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List. The 39th annual Rotary Lombardi Award, presented by Wachovia, honoring the top lineman in the Football Bowl Subdivision and benefiting the American Cancer Society, will be presented in Houston on December 10 at the Hilton Americas Hotel. - Rotary Lombardi Award [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]08/29/08 - DT Ron Brace (back), WR Rich Gunnell (shoulder) and LB Mike McLaughlin all missed camp time but were expected to be ready. [/SIZE][/FONT]

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2428923 said:
How many times have we heard that through mid-season in college...

True, but if he stays and refines his game it would be a smart thing.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the mythical mid-season announcement that a player is gong pro.

Reporter: " So Terrence , Alabama is 8-0 and you guys are on your way to the BCS Championship..."

Terrence : "Who cares? I'm going pro! Peace."

JPM

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2428631 said:
I'd rather have the big kid from Boston College.
Either one from BC is OK with me. They both look pretty good.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2428782 said:
Well no on said we would have to give up our ENTIRE draft to get him.

I would LOVE to get him, he's 370 pounds and woud be such a force cloggin up double temas freeing up our L.B.'s and making Ratliff that much better, Ratliff could have 15 sacks considering how good he is now while getting at least double teamed on every play from playing N.T. now, put Cody at N.T. taking up 2 blockers leaving Ratliff one on one and he'd get abou 15 sacks for a 3-4 lineman which is just insane!

Cody would be the final piece to this defense, the ONE THING this defense has been lacking all year is, well actually 2 things, and Cody solves them both.
We are missing a HUGE N.T. to clog up the middle to free up our L.B.'s and we're missing any resemblance of a pass rush from our L.D.E. position, Cody would solve both problems.

the final piece? our safeties suck. Hamlin got paid and now he has forgotten how to play. our SS position is garbage. IMO, we need to draft a SS and a FS.

We need to completely upgrade our backup LBs. Going into next year I can only see reason to keep Ware, Spencer, James, and Thomas (maybe Burnett too). The rest need to take a hike. We do have George on the practice squad and I would love to bring him up to the regular roster and see what he can bring. He played very well in the preseason, I want to see how that translates to real games. So if we add George, that leaves 2-3 spots for us to draft (2 OLB, 1 ILB).

Henry needs to go. We need to draft a CB, just one to replace him. I like Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, and even Ball (though I would have preferred Oglesby). I think a kid like Joe Burnett from UCF would be perfect. He is a ballhawking, interception machine. We need someone like that in our Nickel and Dime packages.

I am more than happy with the depth that we have along the DL. I am sure we will lose a few players. If we had a huge NT to the equation that would definitely round out our starting front 7. I would use the offseason to fatten up Spears a bit, and turn him into one of our NTs. Let Ratliff and Canty be our starting DEs. Hatcher and Bowen can be reserves. Tank is the odd man out, unfortunately....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2429430 said:
the final piece? our safeties suck. Hamlin got paid and now he has forgotten how to play. our SS position is garbage. IMO, we need to draft a SS and a FS.

We need to completely upgrade our backup LBs. Going into next year I can only see reason to keep Ware, Spencer, James, and Thomas (maybe Burnett too). The rest need to take a hike. We do have George on the practice squad and I would love to bring him up to the regular roster and see what he can bring. He played very well in the preseason, I want to see how that translates to real games. So if we add George, that leaves 2-3 spots for us to draft (2 OLB, 1 ILB).

Henry needs to go. We need to draft a CB, just one to replace him. I like Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, and even Ball (though I would have preferred Oglesby). I think a kid like Joe Burnett from UCF would be perfect. He is a ballhawking, interception machine. We need someone like that in our Nickel and Dime packages.

I am more than happy with the depth that we have along the DL. I am sure we will lose a few players. If we had a huge NT to the equation that would definitely round out our starting front 7. I would use the offseason to fatten up Spears a bit, and turn him into one of our NTs. Let Ratliff and Canty be our starting DEs. Hatcher and Bowen can be reserves. Tank is the odd man out, unfortunately....

I don't think we need a replacement for Henry if Pacman comes back but that's just me. Everything else I agree with though.

glassjaw

Reaction score
I live in Nashville and for what is worth all the Titans radio shows feel that Haynesworth is gone after this season. The negotiations on his franchise deal last year did not go very well and even the Titan insiders feel he will not be back. For what that is worth anyway.

However, if I would say I think Albert would be more of a DE in a 3-4 than a nosetackle. Hey still would love the guy he would be a huge upgrade over Spears. I do know that he cannot be franchised again as per his agreement with Titans.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ratliff is going to make a Pro bowl as our NT, and Tank Johnson is a very good backup. We aren't going to trade up for a 400 pound NT. Miami will probably draft him. He has the kind of size and strength BP loves.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2430182 said:
Ratliff is going to make a Pro bowl as our NT, and Tank Johnson is a very good backup. We aren't going to trade up for a 400 pound NT. Miami will probably draft him. He has the kind of size and strength BP loves.

Ratliff will be a DE next season because Spears is gone and Canty may be gone as well.

I think the Cowboys will be in the market for a NT either thru FA or thru the draft.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2430285 said:
Ratliff will be a DE next season because Spears is gone and Canty may be gone as well.

I think the Cowboys will be in the market for a NT either thru FA or thru the draft.

Spears is signed through next year... So I can't see why he wouldn't be back.

Canty's probably gone, though. I don't know who else will play DE for us. (I don't see who this prototypical NT would be -- I don't think there's anyone out there.)

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
jterrell;2430182 said:

I agree. Rat not only makes the pro-bowl at NT, but he loves playing the position. I remember the pout he put on when they tried to shift him to DE in preseason. The guy loves the one on one matchups on the center. As a 3-4 DE in Wade's scheme, the DEs are more run stoppers. The DEs 2 gap as much, if not more, than the NT.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
VACowboy;2428689 said:
There are two great NT prospects at BC, Tahj and Brace. They're both 6-2ish, 330+ and quick.

First Cody is an extraordinary football player. He has a motor and can't be stopped by players at his level. He will be a top five pick and I highly doubt he'll stay in college although I don't have any inside knowledge. You can only go down from where he is now. I would advise him to go pro.

The two NTs for BC are up and down. It's not Tahj but Raji and he is the better but Clemson manhandled them both and their OL is marginal at best. Raji is predicted to go in the first but he has some question marks upstairs including being able to be coached. Also his maturity has been called in question. He could have a bad combine and drop into the second but still not far enough to get to us, IMO. Unless something else comes up.

Biggems;2429430 said:

I agree mostly. Unless a CB falls then I don't see a need this year. We need to draft some safeties. We have to land one this year to play with Hamlin. I'd leave Hamlin at FS and try to find a draftee good enough to play besides him by midyear working him in. I'd keep Brown and Watkins maybe along with Hamlin and Davis. That's five safeties but Brown should be able to serve as a Dime and Nickel player. Assuming he progresses.

OL needs to be adressed badly unless we are getting a bad picture of what we have there. We need to have backups pushing for playing time rather than what seems to be a policy of paying for starters and using glue and tape on the rest of the OL.

Spears is signed next year and Canty is not having a big season but he is a servicable DE in the 3-4. If they can keep him they will and fill holes elsewhere. He shouldn't be to hard to sign IMO.

If they can get a better NT than either Ratliff or Tank and esp if they think Tank and someone else can play NT allowing Ratliff to platoon at DE as well then I suspect they will do it. The problem is finding a better player than those two in the draft.

And we should have MILB high on the priority list should one be around that number two and three pick. Burnett, James and Zach will be starters but they need to draft a replacement there. Bigger than Burnett yet at least as fast and able to cover.

dcfanatic;2430285 said:

See above and below. Spears is very servicable and signed. He's in the budget. Canty stays if he wants to and can be signed relatively inexpensively. I suspect he wants to stay and will be malleable since he'll likely start here and at the very least get plenty of snaps. His play has been disappointing mildly.

Chocolate Lab;2430298 said:
Spears is signed through next year... So I can't see why he wouldn't be back.

Canty's probably gone, though. I don't know who else will play DE for us. (I don't see who this prototypical NT would be -- I don't think there's anyone out there.)

If Canty wants to stay and there is enough money then he'll be resigned. They need to draft to the future and Canty is serviceable.