Anybody see any late round QB's that could have a future?

tm1119

Reaction score
lets be honest you cant make a franchise out of switching from old QB to old QB. we need to get a young QB soon.

even though i havent seen much of him Bruce Grawboski seems like a pretty good qb. he has good accuracy completing 70+% of his passes two years in a row. omar jacobs is a pretty good prospect too. had a down year this year but was top 10 talent just last year. if we could get one of these two in the third or fourth round i'd be pretty happy.

what do everyone else think?

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
I really like Tye Gunn from TCU. He's got a rocket arm, a lot of poise and the team seemed to rally around him. Unfortunately, I think there is more footage of the Loch Ness Monster than there is of Gunn since he was always injured. Strictly a UFA but I could see us inviting him to our Texas Day.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Round 1: Bobby Carpenter, LB OSU
Round 2: Anthony Smith FS Syracuse
Round 3: Cory Rodgers WR TCU
Round 5: Troy Bienemann TE/LS Wash. St.
Round 6: Jovon Bouknight WR Wyoming
Round 7: Mark LeVoir OT Notre Dame

Nice mock draft.

I really think Bienemann and LeVoir are players the Cowboys will be looking at on the second day.

BTW, I think Drew Olson would be a great 2nd day pick for some team to develop.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
tm1119 said:
lets be honest you cant make a franchise out of switching from old QB to old QB. we need to get a young QB soon.

even though i havent seen much of him Bruce Grawboski seems like a pretty good qb. he has good accuracy completing 70+% of his passes two years in a row. omar jacobs is a pretty good prospect too. had a down year this year but was top 10 talent just last year. if we could get one of these two in the third or fourth round i'd be pretty happy.

Barrick Nealy, Texas State... a poor man's Vince Young, LOL...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
No late round projects, go big or go home (stay with henson/romo)

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Barrick Nealy, Texas State... a poor man's Vince Young, LOL...
Nealy looked terrible during the Senior Bowl and practices.

He's more like a poor mans Rohan Davey.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Of the probable 2nd day QBs, the two with the best chance of becoming something in the NFL are Olsen and Gradkowski, but Olsen might sneak into the first day.

wood28

Reaction score
Drew Olson UCLA .... he´s projected a 4 or 5 round Qb if he falls to us i take him.

kartr

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Round 1: Bobby Carpenter, LB OSU
Round 2: Anthony Smith FS Syracuse
Round 3: Cory Rodgers WR TCU
Round 5: Troy Bienemann TE/LS Wash. St.
Round 6: Jovon Bouknight WR Wyoming
Round 7: Mark LeVoir OT Notre Dame

Nice mock draft.

I really think Bienemann and LeVoir are players the Cowboys will be looking at on the second day.

BTW, I think Drew Olson would be a great 2nd day pick for some team to develop.

Not bad, but I would take WR Todd Watkins out of BYU in the 3rd, besides being a talented WR, he is also a kicker.

kartr

Reaction score
tm1119 said:

I would take Jacobs in the 2nd round and Gradkowski in the 5th round as his backup, since he's also got 4.58 speed along with the accuracy. He also went to the same high school as Namath and Montana and I believe broke all their records.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Anybody see any late round QB's that could have a future?

Why so he can sit on the bench for 2-3 years and have the fans think "this guy will never amount to anything" eventhough they've never seen him play?

Don't we already have a couple of those on the roster, only further along in their development? How about we see what Romo and/or Henson can do first. No sense spending all that time to develop the players only to kick them out the door before they ever get a shot. That would be completely stupid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rack said:
Why so he can sit on the bench for 2-3 years and have the fans think "this guy will never amount to anything" eventhough they've never seen him play?

Don't we already have a couple of those on the roster, only further along in their development? How about we see what Romo and/or Henson can do first. No sense spending all that time to develop the players only to kick them out the door before they ever get a shot. That would be completely stupid.

Actually Rack, I think it's about time we draft another guy. The way I see it, Henson has to show something or he's out. To be honest, I feel the same way about Romo but he probably won't have to so he's probably on the roster. I think one of those guys has to show up and one has to leave. Bring in a young guy or a vet. Either way, I think QB has to have some change to it, if we can believe what Parcells preaches about the three year rule.