Anybody think Marcus Peters will be on our board?

tm1119

Reaction score
NFL.com article below that sums the situation up but....Basically what I gather from the situation is that Petersen (a known hardass) went into Washington tried to change things and Peters refused to cooperate and was just overall insubordinate. Now obviously that's a pretty big deal and nothing to ignore, but I'm not sure that's something I would remove him completely from the board for. It would take a lot of investigating and getting to know the real him, but it is entirely possible that it was a clash of personalities and wouldn't happen in Dallas.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ffects-top-prospect-marcus-peters-draft-stock

Questfor6

Reaction score
Rather make a run at Ifo in round 2 because he doesn't have the red flags Peters throws up. Read last week that several NFL don't like Marshawn Lynch playing the role of mentor to Peters either.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Doubt he is. He's going to be a steal for whoever takes him though so long as he keeps his wits about him.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
No I don't think he will be.

Look at Alex Carter or Lorenzo Doss, D'Joun Smith and Rollins in the 2nd.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
What about Noah Spence, he too had some...troubles... Could be a steal. Pretty gifted pass rusher out of Ohio st

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL.com article below that sums the situation up but....Basically what I gather from the situation is that Petersen (a known hardass) went into Washington tried to change things and Peters refused to cooperate and was just overall insubordinate. Now obviously that's a pretty big deal and nothing to ignore, but I'm not sure that's something I would remove him completely from the board for. It would take a lot of investigating and getting to know the real him, but it is entirely possible that it was a clash of personalities and wouldn't happen in Dallas.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ffects-top-prospect-marcus-peters-draft-stock

The Cowboys definitely investigate players character and don't automatically take them off the board for these type of problems. The problems is that you'll likely hear Bryan Broaddus saying that he is off the board, but he often just says things that are his opinion and not what the team has told him.

It was not a draft pick, but RoMc's problem in Oakland was that the new HC came in and tried to be a hard-*** which does not work with some players.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
We have a long history of taking troubled players. One thing I have been trying to search was Marcus's "off field" problems. I've been looking but no one ever mentions what they are. Haven't read anything about robbery, abuse, gang related, guns, etc. Anyone have a clue what they are pinning on him as "off field problems"?

Of course the scouts and coaches will look into his anger problems but I say if he passes the interviews and he is just an imature fiery competitor (Ala dez) we take a chance on him.

mickswag

Reaction score
We have a long history of taking troubled players. One thing I have been trying to search was Marcus's "off field" problems. I've been looking but no one ever mentions what they are. Haven't read anything about robbery, abuse, gang related, guns, etc. Anyone have a clue what they are pinning on him as "off field problems"?

Of course the scouts and coaches will look into his anger problems but I say if he passes the interviews and he is just an imature fiery competitor (Ala dez) we take a chance on him.

"Peters was suspended for one game after he was seen throwing his helmet and gloves and arguing with Washington assistants during a win against Eastern Washington in September. Reports said he also choked a coach, though Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski refuted those claims."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132220/marcus-peters

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Front Office has liked Chris Peterson-coached players the last few years..Orlando Scandrick, Tyrone Crawford, and Demarcus Lawrence....so my guess is that they have a decent working relationship with Peterson. If he isn't willing to sign off on Peters, then I imagine Peters won't be on our board.

When I spoke to some of the Washington assistant coaches and operations guy about Husky players they were all over the NFL potential of Danny Shelton, Shaq Thompson, and Hau'oli Kikaha. I brought up Peters and there was an awkward silence then quick change of topic.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't know, but I can guarantee that Bryan Broaddus will claim at some point that he knows for certain that Peters "In the box" by which he means off the Cowboys draft board.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I am putting him on the Patriots roster right now. It's almost an inevilibity....there or Cincy anyway.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I am putting him on the Patriots roster right now. It's almost an inevilibity....there or Cincy anyway.

I was immediately thinking cincy. High talent with matching high off the field issues.

And this talk of him throwing fits on the sidelines reminds me maybe of dez? I would look into if it was more for motivation for his teammates or he was being a prima donna

TonyRomo17

Reaction score
If hes in our board he wont be at 27 since it probably means that his off the field problems werent as big/worrisome. Hes a top 10 talent.

waving monkey

Reaction score
The Front Office has liked Chris Peterson-coached players the last few years..Orlando Scandrick, Tyrone Crawford, and Demarcus Lawrence....so my guess is that they have a decent working relationship with Peterson. If he isn't willing to sign off on Peters, then I imagine Peters won't be on our board.

When I spoke to some of the Washington assistant coaches and operations guy about Husky players they were all over the NFL potential of Danny Shelton, Shaq Thompson, and Hau'oli Kikaha. I brought up Peters and there was an awkward silence then quick change of topic.

damning by faint praise
all I need to hear

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If all he was doing was throwing the odd tantrum I think I keep him on the board. The Cowboys locker room is better equipped to handle a player like that now.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski told the Seattle Times that allegations of former junior CB Marcus Peters choking a coach were "bull****."

The allegations were made in both the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and NFL.com. "It’s bull****," UW defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski said. "We had our issues with Marcus, but there was never any physical altercation. Not with this staff." Peters was suspended for one game after he was seen throwing his helmet and gloves and arguing with Washington assistants during a win against Eastern Washington in September. Up until his dismissal, we also heard reports of further verbal altercations with the coaching staff, as well as a skipped practice. Kwiatkowski's quote is ultimately good news for Peters, but he still has plenty of questions to answer. Sun, Dec 21, 2014 12:29:00 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132220/marcus-peters

HellCrowe

Reaction score
If all the 1st round tier edge rushers are gone this is our guy. There is one thing to be a knucklehead in society and another to be a knucklehead on the field. Here's hoping he checks out and every team before us passes on him. No way he goes to Seattle or New England.

Hailmary

Reaction score
The more articles I read about him, the more I think he will be long gone by the time we pick.