Anyone beside me....

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hopes that Henson beats out Bledsoe by then end of the pre-season. I just read that novel, er, I mean thread..."Bledsoe: Sacks and Options ". Imma scared now.

Before I walk away, I make 2 predictions...Hos will agree with me and Nors won't !

:pc:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bled would have to be legless and armless for Bill not to start him. Like Glover and Ellis, Henson just doesn't "fit" into Bill's plans.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Hopes that Henson beats out Bledsoe by then end of the pre-season. I just read that novel, er, I mean thread..."Bledsoe: Sacks and Options ". Imma scared now.

Before I walk away, I make 2 predictions...Hos will agree with me and Nors won't !

That would be in the Cowboys best long term interest.

blindzebra

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Bled would have to be legless and armless for Bill not to start him. Like Glover and Ellis, Henson just doesn't "fit in."

Based on what exactly? :rolleyes:

TheHustler

Reaction score
Actually, i think long term, another year on the bench won't hurt Henson one bit. I don't mind if he sits one more year.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Just to be a little more specific, I started this not because I know Henson is ready (I hope he is, but will not preach). I'm just not to sure about Bledsoe. If it's Romo who beats out the both of them, that would suite me fine too.

Maybe because I'm in NE territory, but I've never felt he was all that great, even in his prime.

I can honestly say I hope I'm proven wrong and the guy leads us to the promised land. I just have a real bad feeling about Bledsoe.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Has Bledsoe ever lined up behind a guard to take a snap? Vinny is a member of that club.

Kilyin

Reaction score
If Aikman really did, it must have been after several of his brutal concussions. Aikman was a brain surgeon compared to Vinny.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Like Glover and Ellis, Henson just doesn't "fit" into Bill's plans.

This one always gets me. Especially when they throw in 'it's Bill's ego' that holds back Henson.

Excuse me, if it is indeed Bill's ego, wouldn't he have Henson in there as soon as he felt the time was right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bill on board in aquiring Henson? I do believe he was, so if ego is the issue, Henson would be on the field to prove Bill correct in aquiring him.

To answer the original post, I can't see Henson beating Bledsoe at this point. In most instances, circumstances will eventually dictate who is under center.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Jarv said:

I'm pulling for Henson, but I can see BP doing the same thing he did last year...
No matter how badly Bledsoe plays, he will be the go to guy. Henson will be on the sidelines with his handwarmer while Bledsoe plays even on crutches.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys must be dreaming if you think BP is going to let a young inexperienced QB lead his team. He did it for a half game last year just to get Jerry off his back.

If Bledsoe goes down, Vinny will be here in a flash.

Bill doesn't have time for growing pains.

Do I agree with this? Heck no. I wanted to see Henson get some PT at the end of last season, and would like to see him lead the offense this year as it grows/jells. But alas, Bill doesn't have time:(

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
jackrussell said:
This one always gets me. Especially when they throw in 'it's Bill's ego' that holds back Henson.

Excuse me, if it is indeed Bill's ego, wouldn't he have Henson in there as soon as he felt the time was right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bill on board in aquiring Henson? I do believe he was, so if ego is the issue, Henson would be on the field to prove Bill correct in aquiring him

And the same ones that cook up the Parcells' anti-Henson conspiracy theories are the same ones who would have been on the "Drew Henson is NOT the answer" bandwagon had we seen about 4 or 5 games worth of that Chicago first half last year.

Bledsoe's current stage in his career almost identical to Vinny's when Parcells brought him over to the Jets in 1998 after he had failed with the Ravens. Parcells surrounded him with a good running game in Martin and good protection, and Vinny produced a 100+ QB rating and a 29:7 TD/INT ratio going into his 12th year in the league when everyone swore the verdict was in. So, yes, I'm afraid a change of coaching staff and venue can drastically change the performance of a QB ... even one in his 30's. And, then again, sometimes it doesn't. But its crazy to suggest that anyone of us can positively know what the verdict will be until things get underway.

So how about we let these guys take one snap in training camp before concocting the tin foilhats and the conspracy theories? Or better yet, how 'bout a couple of preseason games?

slick325

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
And the same ones that cook up the anti-Henson conspiracy theories are the same ones who would have been on the "Drew Henson is NOT the answer" had we seen about 4 or 5 games worth of that Chicago first half last year.

Bledsoe's current stage in his career almost identical to Vinny's when Parcells brought him over to the Jets after he had failed with the Ravens. Parcells surrounded him with a good running game and time to throw protection, and Vinny produced a 100+ QB rating and a 29:7 TD/INT ratio going into his 12th year in the league when everyone swore the verdict was in on what Vinny was and wasn't capable of. So, yes, I'm afraid a change of coaching staff and venue can drastically change the performance of a QB ... even one in his 30's.

So how about we let these guys take a snap in training camp before concocting the tin foilhats and the conspracy theories?

Good post IR.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Jarv said:

If Bledsoe sucks it's Bledsoe's fault, if Henson sucks it's Parcells' fault. Bledsoe will start even if he's dead and they have to strap him onto Johnson's back to get him on the field.

ctalker

Reaction score
I agree that Parcells doesn't have time to go through developing a young QB and we will not see Henson or another young QB take over until he retires....Unless something drastic happens like an injury or major team meltdown.

I do think Bledsoe can be productive if surrounded by talent. I am not sure what happened in Buffalo over the last few years but at 33 he should still have some miles in the tank. Perhaps the Off line in Buffalo is to blame or Drew's tendency to always look for the big pass instead of taking the smart pass at times. Both of these issues can be corrected by the current coaching staff.

Having said all that, I don't think we will win a superbowl with Bledsoe at the helm.