Anyone checking out the new TV show "Invasion" this Wednesday?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I know every network is scrambling like mad to make the next great suspense series ever since Lost made tons of green for ABC, but according to the critics, this is supposed to be the best one out there. If you're not familiar with it, the word Invasion does represent the term "alien invasion" but it's not your typical Independence Day. I'd say it looks closer to Signs or Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The show starts in a small town in Florida that is destroyed by a hurricane and mysterious events immediately start occuring afterwards. Looks like a good show, and it even follows Lost, so it should be a nice night for the idiot box! :cool:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing it but not as much as Lost.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched threshold...did not think it was that great.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Watched threshold...did not think it was that great.

Yeah, I read about the new TV shows and Threshold was supposed to be the worst Lost rip-off out there. It looked pretty gimmicky in the commercials, so after reading that, I stayed away.

k19

Reaction score
TV just gets more and more pathetic every season. A few years ago when ER was "the show" everyone made medical shows. After ER it was Reality TV and you were lucky to find a show that had actors and a plot. Unfortunately reality TV still runs amuck but with the hit of CSI theres now theres a million cop/crime shows on. Looks like last years ER (Lost) has started the spin off of a million supernatural shows.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
k19 said:
TV just gets more and more pathetic every season. A few years ago when ER was "the show" everyone made medical shows. After ER it was Reality TV and you were lucky to find a show that had actors and a plot. Unfortunately reality TV still runs amuck but with the hit of CSI theres now theres a million cop/crime shows on. Looks like last years ER (Lost) has started the spin off of a million supernatural shows.

Well, this is the first copycat frenzy I've enjoyed. I hate hospital dramas, I hate lawyer dramas, I hate cop dramas, I hate reality shows, but hot damn I love The Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock movies. If it takes Lost to bring back those types of shows, then I'm all for it. :cool:

k19

Reaction score
what ever happened to the good old days of Mash, laverne and SHirley, and Happy Days

blindzebra

Reaction score
I liked Threshold.

If anything it has an X-Files feel.

Whats not to like?

Carla Gugino is a hottie, it's got a crusty FBI boss, Data from STNG, a wimpy nerd, and a smart arse little person with a thing for strippers.:D

blindzebra

Reaction score
Just watched the tivo of it, not bad.

It would seem fairly limited on how far it can go with the story line though. It would probably be better off as a 6 part mini-series.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I liked Invasion. The acting could have been better. They have some poor acting in the leading roles. All in all it looks like a pretty cool drama. The aliens come to earth in the disguise of a hurricane. Some really graphic hurricane drama. They had that warning before the show about it. I thought that was considerate of them.

An ok show to tune in if your not doing anything.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
Just watched the tivo of it, not bad.

It would seem fairly limited on how far it can go with the story line though. It would probably be better off as a 6 part mini-series.

I was thinking the same thing.

Not too sure how far you can stretch the thing out and keep people really interested.

I was kind of surprised that they already basically gave it away that not only the blond lady is an alien/been taken over by aliens (since they have really alluded to that in all of the ads leading up to the show).....but giving it away already that her man is in the same condition and basically further along then her.

Still was a decent show, I would say that I liked it better then threshold but at the same time it would seem that maybe threshold could hold a story line longer.

zagnut

Reaction score
CliffnMesquite said:
Nope that's when I tape Ghost hunters on Si-Fi. :)

A friend of mine calls it the show about guys setting up A/V equipment and then taking it down. :D

Seriously, they catch some interesting stuff every once in a while. Those disembodied mystery EVP recordings spook the hell out of me.

The one lead guy with the shaved head always reminds me of the kid from King of the Hill all grown up.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Did any of you watch Surface? The pilot was pretty kicka** but it seemed they gave away a lot for a first episode.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
We've talked about all the Lost clones, so did anyone catch the season premiere of Lost Season 2? What a creepy beginning. I loved that opening sequence with the guy living in a 70's bomb shelter, the music playing and then the bomb going off and the record being scratched all as he starts injecting himself. They've really jumped into the events with this season. I can't wait to find out what's going on. Poor Walt. You just know he's never going to be the same.