Anyone else found it odd that both starting corners are playing STs?

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Both were flagged on ST plays so we know this is happening. We are currently not carrying a small than usual number of corners already, plus its clear Kiffin has turned to relying on both of them to cover man to man more to make up for the decimated dline. It seems risky to have both playing STs and frankly I dont think that Clairborne has the toughness for what u want there anyway.

GroundUp

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that and I don't like it either. Especially since Mo has the shoulder injury looming, seems you'd want to rest him when possible.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Yup, saw it as well, and scrunched my face like " what? why?".

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Check out this article by Bob Strum.

Nice breakdown on current ST and the value of using CB's etc . Also remember Jimmy J used starters like Darren Woodson ST

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2013/10/xs-and-os-dwayne-harris.html

Good read.

Here you see why teams want cornerbacks and wide receivers on their coverage units. Instead, it looks like Washington has decided to go with linebackers, safeties, and fullbacks. That is fine, unless it turns into a footrace. Then, it is game-over if he gets a head start like this. Touchdown.

basstapp

Reaction score
I saw Heath playing a couple snaps in the 4th quarter. I don't mind Carr playing ST at this point, but Claiborne can't be 100% yet and it would probably be best to sit him until he is close.