Anyone Else Get The Feeling Mazi has a Little Micah in Him?

Toro9

Reaction score
I mean.. this is football. You're getting a big salary even if you're on the practice squad. You're here for a reason. Go all the way. I wish everyone who plays NFL football had the Micah/Brady mentality. Clearly not the case. You get guys who take it for granted and self-implode. So many. It's sad. No, if you're in the friggin NFL, you should let your ego take you where you go. Just be aware that you're playing a game. Same with Hollywood.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Let's see what this young man can do. I'm all about grit and punishing the opponent. We need to get mean and teams will fear us like in the 90's. I know....don't come at me ....just wishful thinking here everyone.

McMicah

Reaction score
I think everyone on this forum needs to take a step back on Mazi. There are almost no examples of even 1st round techs ‘dominating’ in year 1. Most don’t become pro bowl caliber until year 3 or so. Let’s not pretend this guy is Micah or Donald or anyone like that. He will be a space eater, and I will love him for it. If you have delusions of this guy getting like 8 or even 5 sacks, I think you are misunderstanding his primary role.

Hint: His primary role is to stop Jalen Hurts from converting every single 4th and 1 using qb sneak

Kwyn

Reaction score
We all talk about what an athlete Micah is, but Mazi is an athlete in his own right, has a 9.99 RAS. Micah Parsons has a 9.5ish.. Just to get a sense of what we're working with. Mazi was big and strong when he came in as a freshman, and his coaches said he just kept getting better and better. So he's been on a consistent trajectory of getting better, and the more you watch him, the more you see he has the kind of strength to play 1T and 3T. So he gives you that, and will obviously help you against the run off the bat, especially if you pair him with a guy like Hankins.

Plus, he just has that fire in him to get better.
Athletically? Yeah, he’s a freak. That’s why he was tops on Feldman’s freak list.

This is well known and not news.

Every draft there are a couple of athletic freaks … remember Isaiah Simmons?…

Whether they turn those physical gifts into NFL success is another matter entirely.

I’ll be happy if Mazi is a solid DT for the next 6-8 years.

Beyond that?

Comparing him to Micah, is silly. Micah has the physical gifts but couples it with ridiculous instincts and drive.

I was a major proponent of Mazi leading up to the draft, and I still am, but we need to tap the breaks.

To quote an all-time great coach

"Let's not break out the anointing oil just yet."

BossRhino

Reaction score
Parson's

Even the cowboys area scout said he had no idea he could rush off the edge, he saw him as a LB that could blitz.
Well that area scout is stupid then. Parsons played some defensive end in high school and was pretty good at it. It seems lazy that the scout didn't dig into his playing background more.

T-RO

Reaction score
Well that area scout is stupid then. Parsons played some defensive end in high school and was pretty good at it. It seems lazy that the scout didn't dig into his playing background more.
Players switch positions from high school to college as often as they change their clothes.

Parsons was seen as a LB by virtually everyone, not only because that's where he'd played at PS, but because he was sized like one. Not viewed as suitable DE size.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We all talk about what an athlete Micah is, but Mazi is an athlete in his own right, has a 9.99 RAS. Micah Parsons has a 9.5ish.. Just to get a sense of what we're working with. Mazi was big and strong when he came in as a freshman, and his coaches said he just kept getting better and better. So he's been on a consistent trajectory of getting better, and the more you watch him, the more you see he has the kind of strength to play 1T and 3T. So he gives you that, and will obviously help you against the run off the bat, especially if you pair him with a guy like Hankins.

Mazi doesnt have an actual RAS because he didnt do any drills

T-RO

Reaction score
Athletically? Yeah, he’s a freak. That’s why he was tops on Feldman’s freak list.

This is well known and not news.
Feldman's freak list is a fraud marketing game. He collects rumors of what guys might do...or may have done. It's typical internet drivel full. Hints. Hearsay. Reports from the underground. Truth-cheese grated and sprinkled over a steaming pile.

Reality?
-At the combine the only thing Mazi did was bench press. It was impressive. But why afraid of all the other tests?
-At his pro day (where he'd understandably dropped weight to 319 help) he jumped 29.5" vert and 8'11" broad. Good considering his size. Not freakish. He refused all running and agility tests.
-In total Mazi completed about 30% of the tests you get in a full combine. If I was a freak I'd sure show off. My agent would insist on it. Mazi didn't.

I worked in marketing for 15 years. Wrote scripts, crafted messaging, created campaigns. I know how BS gets shoveled.
At this point in life I hate lies and...And I hate hype.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score

Untill the pads come on and he is hitting people for real, this is baseless speculation

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My comparison is Tyron Smith. Both look like freaking titans. Opposing lines and large men who don’t look fat or forced weight gain, just always meant to be an athletic giant.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
My comparison is Tyron Smith. Both look like freaking titans. Opposing lines and large men who don’t look fat or forced weight gain, just always meant to be an athletic giant.
Theres only one Tyron Smith

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Hopefully there’s two this year. :thumbup:
Id be happy with one, healthy, plays an entire season without getting hurt, Tyron Smith.

Add in a couple of Tylers, a Zack and the man of Steele and lets rock this thing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn't call him MP BUT i see the point of the OP

I believe DQ has been drafting or acquiring players that fit the mold of max effort guys with position flex like Overshown, Kearse, Micah, and even Sam Williams has a little of that in him.

I can see this draft, a player like Fehoko being kicked inside but can play outside, looks like another high effort player who can play all along the line.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mazi >> Aaron Donald

JM-C >> Jerry Rice

Kwyn

Reaction score
Feldman's freak list is a fraud marketing game. He collects rumors of what guys might do...or may have done. It's typical internet drivel full. Hints. Hearsay. Reports from the underground. Truth-cheese grated and sprinkled over a steaming pile.

Reality?
-At the combine the only thing Mazi did was bench press. It was impressive. But why afraid of all the other tests?
-At his pro day (where he'd understandably dropped weight to 319 help) he jumped 29.5" vert and 8'11" broad. Good considering his size. Not freakish. He refused all running and agility tests.
-In total Mazi completed about 30% of the tests you get in a full combine. If I was a freak I'd sure show off. My agent would insist on it. Mazi didn't.

I worked in marketing for 15 years. Wrote scripts, crafted messaging, created campaigns. I know how BS gets shoveled.
At this point in life I hate lies and...And I hate hype.
There was more out there than just those two instances. Just because it didn’t happen at the combine, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
There is one Lawrence Taylor
There is one Aaron Donald
There is one Micah Parsons

Comparisons to greats, esp. when they are completely different players in different positions...is borderline silly.

Mazi only tested Bench Press at the combine. It was impressive, but it sure would have been nice to get some official running, jumping and short space measurements.

I embrace Mazi (mocked him to Dallas myself multiple times), but think ultimately those hyping him right now...are only doing him a disservice. It's incredibly unlikely he will splash his rookie year.
He didn't even compare them lmao

Reaction score

Think he was a great draft and exactly what we needed but if you’re expecting a player to be the level and to have the instant impact Micah had I think you are probably setting the bar way to high