Anyone else gonna find something else to do this Sunday?

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
The Cowboys are gonna lose this game by 20 points or more. I don't even wanna deal with it. Think I'm just going to find a 4 PM matinee to go to while this is on. Of course, the last time I felt the Cowboys were in a game this unwinnable was the year before last against Denver. Romo ain't walking through that door this week though.

Woody D.

Reaction score
I expect a loss but will definitely watch the game. First, there only are so many games to watch during the season. Second, with the right mindset a loss gets tolerable and I try to focus on the good stuff. Best case scenario: a pleasant surprise (any given sunday).

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I watched every game of the Campo years and this team is waaaay better than that.

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't believe someone dedicated enough to post messages on a Cowboys message board who would go to the movies during a Cowboys game.

This is strange behavior. You are either trolling the board looking for reactions or you have an unhealthy obsession and this form of entertainment brings out the worst in you.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll be sitting in front of the TV, checking out Da Boys, just like always. I learned years ago that by setting low expectations it makes it easier to bear the disappointment of watching my team lose. Anyhow, it's entertaining to satisfy my innate curiosity or simply to see what happens and how. It beats watching an old movie that I've already seen before, that's for doggone sure. I'm betting you'll weaken and end up watching the game anyhow.

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
I'm going to be watching "You too can paint by numbers" on PBS while making some Crownies.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Frankly, this is a ridiculous thought... purposely not watch a game because your team is going to lose!?!... if that is the only reason
to skip the game, then you're just not a fan.... I get it. We play the Patriots. Staying within 21 points should qualify as a miracle...
but a true fan, with nothing else to do, wouldn't miss this game or any other....I would suggest that type of "fan" stop following such
a passionate sport altogether.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I am going to try and change things up...going to walk the dog in the opposite direction and change my viewing chair for when i watch the game. If i work up enough guts i might even change up my snacks. Anything to bring this team luck.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Cowboys are gonna lose this game by 20 points or more. I don't even wanna deal with it. Think I'm just going to find a 4 PM matinee to go to while this is on. Of course, the last time I felt the Cowboys were in a game this unwinnable was the year before last against Denver. Romo ain't walking through that door this week though.

Funny that this thread comes to fruition. My buddy and I (both Boys fans that watch the games religiously out at our fave bar) decided last night that we will meet as usual for the early game. We're cautiously optimistic that the Boys will at least put up a fight. That said, here's how the week has gone for me.

Sunday night: omg we suck. I don't realistically see another win in the next 4 games.

Monday: Pls don't talk to me about the Cowboys. I'll be cordial if approached but I really don't want to talk about it.

Tuesday: Man. So let's chat about it guys. IMing back & forth. Mostly unresponsive. Trying to get some mojo going. Starting to get excited about Hardy and RoMac returning.

Wednesday: Just seeing the pics of RoMac out there at practice got me pumped. Now I'm thinking about the prospect of finally seeing him and Sean Lee on the same field. Getting excited. No real plans to meet out anywhere. No commitments.

Thursday: Lots of chatter about the game via IM. Three of us encouraging each other to grow pairs. Then buddy & I talk last night & decide to head out for the early game Sunday. We both still think the L is coming but now the belief is that we will generate some pass rush and Brady will not find himself as comfy as usual in the pocket. If we can just run the ball and control the clock, we might shock the world on Sunday.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Probably DVR it. Last day of fishing before the boat is hauled - come game time, there won't be a single non-commercial boat out off the Massachusetts coast.

black label

Reaction score

tumblr_m5l3onpRyw1rp5zml.gif

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
The OP is not really a Cowboys fan....I am pretty sure he is a Giants fan.

I wish, I'd have actually seen my team win multiple championships in the last decade. Unfortunately, I root for an incompetent organization.