Anyone else have a feeling that Jerry is up to something big regarding draft day?

wick

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Vince Young has not proven he can play QB well at the next level, no thanks

This is perhaps the dumbest reason I've ever seen cited for not taking a player. Of course he hasn't proven he can play QB at the next level. No player available in the draft has proven they can play NFL football.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I'd rather trade down and add a third or fourth than I would trade up. We need another good draft that brings in more than one high profile player.

ddh33

Reaction score
I expect Dallas to be exactly what Jerry says they will be - fluid. They'll stay open to all possibilities.

My best guess is that they don't move up though.

Papichulo

Reaction score
what really gets me is the whispers that the cowboys are looking at a couple of the mid round qbs. Who are they going to send out to make room, why are they doing it, what will they get?

JBond

Reaction score
"Yep, Jerry is going to trade in his son and daughter, all the draft picks and three current players for a kicker. That's why we haven't signed one yet. He is talking to Mike Ditka on how to do it. It will be on the news later..."

I love sarcasm.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
I think it's more likely they move down in the first and pick up an extra third or fourth.

I think you're right, for a coupla reasons...

1) The consensus is that after pick 10, maybe pick 15 at most, the remaining players in the top 50 are about the same... so you could likely get equal value moving down to pick 25-30...

2) The Boys probably want to address 4 positions early in the draft (FS, OLB, WR, OT, in no particular order), and that'll be tough to do with just 3 picks...

silverbear

Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
im telling you there going after vince young....

I wish... but I doubt it...

I'll be dancin' in the streets if you're right, though...

silverbear

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I already posted the same feeling.

I think A.J. Hawk is on BP's radar, bigtime.

Yeah, I've rumors to that effect... he would be a more likely target if the Boys did trade up...

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
For some reason, I keep thinking that JJ will pull off a HUGE deal in this draft, either moving up or getting extra picks. Possibly why we arent overpaying for FAs.

If we move down fine, there will be comparable talant available all the way into the first few picks of the 2nd round.

If we move up I see us targeting someone, at this time two names come to mind the most, DT Haloti Ngata and DE Mario Williams....maybe FS Michael Huff.

However, with the way free agency is going I'd bet on staying with #18 and picking the Best Player Available.

:starspin

silverbear

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Vince Young has not proven he can play QB well at the next level, no thanks

Look, if you don't think Vince is good, that's fair... but if you're gonna try to be fair, name me ONE QB who has "proven he can play well at the next level"...

NO draft pick who has EVER been drafted has ever proved jack about his ability to play in the NFL... they ALL have to prove that, once they get on the field...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
Anyone else have a feeling that Jerry is up to something big regarding draft day?

For some reason, I keep thinking that JJ will pull off a HUGE deal in this draft, either moving up or getting extra picks. Possibly why we arent overpaying for FAs.
I know I said this in another thread, but I would like to see us trade down the 18 pick and trade our 3rd rounder to GB for Javon Walker. We end up with 3 day one picks and Walker. :D :D :D

silverbear

Reaction score
lcharles said:
Hawke would be great!!!

I think draft day will be real interesting unless you are a skins fan. :lmao2:

I have a hunch the DC area golf courses will be somewhat more crowded than usual on that Saturday...

Even George Allen, architect of the Over The Hill Gang, placed a higher value on draft picks than the current staff does... LOL...