Anyone else like Swanson Hungry Man fried chicken dinners?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Don't care for the brownie, corn or mashed taters but by God the fried chicken is pretty good. Put a little butter on top and bake it.....hmm mm good.
What say you?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I haven't tried them in years. That said, I find these Bertolli frozen meals for two that come in a bag that you just toss in a pan and heat up are pretty good. Nights that I don't get home from work around 8pm or later, they are sometimes my go to meals. They are tasty and can be made in 15 minutes. (trying to cook after 8pm is for the birds) I can't eat them all the time, but occasionally they are worth it. (they do good with wine pairings too)

rynochop

Reaction score
Lol, random. I think they make the 'Pub dinners' that are actually pretty good, I've bought a couple of them

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
All I know is I stay way the hell away from Banquet TV dinners, I dont see how them and the Totino's frozen pizzas sell at all, I know theyre cheap as dirt but dang.....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All I know is I stay way the hell away from Banquet TV dinners, I dont see how them and the Totino's frozen pizzas sell at all, I know theyre cheap as dirt but dang.....

Because they are cheap as dirt lol

I actually dont mind the banquet Salisbury steak ones

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Grew up on TV dinners and pot pies.

Still like the Salisbury steaks. That's what they call 'em. I'm not too sure what they are.

Beats the crap outta boiled okra and liver..............

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Those Totino's pizza are awesome! I just buy the cheese and put my own toppings on, tho.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Marie Callendars and Boston Market tv dinners arent much more $ than Banquet and are 10x better.....same for frozen pizza, Ill take Red Baron/Tombstone over Totino's if Im too broke for a Digiorno....but to each his/her own!!

notherbob

Reaction score
All those pre-prepared foods are incredibly high in sodium, nitrates, and phosphates; your kidneys don't like them.

Have a few beers with that, and you've PO'ed your liver, too.

All non-organic foods are crap, especially prepared processed foods from stores are bad for you. My wife and I eat from our own garden wherever possible and almost never eat out and never eat food we don't cook from scratch or that someone we know cooks from scratch using organic foods. We never eat anything that is GMO or grown with pesticides. If it is not organic, we don't buy it or eat it.

Junglist

Reaction score
All non-organic foods are crap, especially prepared processed foods from stores are bad for you. My wife and I eat from our own garden wherever possible and almost never eat out and never eat food we don't cook from scratch or that someone we know cooks from scratch using organic foods. We never eat anything that is GMO or grown with pesticides. If it is not organic, we don't buy it or eat it.

Omg, is it OK to talk about TV dinners? Do we have enough your permission, Portlandia?

Junglist

Reaction score
Marie Calendar's is greatness. The Boston Market pot pie is incredible.

BigDGarciaFan

Reaction score
I like the brownie. I remember as a kid, when they were on foil trays. Btw I always hated the Salisbury steaks, they're so.......yucky

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

nice way to live.