Anyone else sick of the AFC love???

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Just a few brief comments on this...

1. I know it doesn't matter who the mediots think is better, but I don't understand why every team in the AFC who is above .500 is considered to be so much better than any NFC team who is above .500.

2. Currently the AFC has 8 teams with records of .500 or better. While the NFC has 10 teams at .500 or better

3. NFC teams are a combined 18-17 against the AFC teams. Thats better than .500, against the "stronger" AFC?

4. The NFC teams have played very well against the AFC's "top teams" I can think of a few of them Dallas over SD, NY over Denver, Philly over KC, St Louis over Jacksonville, Carolina over NE.

Can anyone explain this to me? Why all the love?

lspain1

Reaction score
It's because the AFC is considered to have the "elite" teams. The Colts and Steelers are probably favorites against any team in the NFC. Most experts are saying the gap has closed between the conferences overall but the "elites" are still better in the AFC.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Just a role reversal, the AFC was a complete joke in the 90s. I think the shift of power is coming back to the NFC, but it will be hard to eradicate the man-love for New England, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis to name a few.

Cowchips

Reaction score
lspain1 said:
It's because the AFC is considered to have the "elite" teams. The Colts and Stellers are probably favorites against any team in the NFC. Most experts are saying the gap has closed between the conferences overall but the "elites" are still better in the AFC.

The Colts are a sham..the best team they've played is Jax at 3-3 and the rest of the clubs are all under .500. Their NFC wins are against SF, STL and Chi..enough said.

Pissburgh's only quality opponents have been NE and SD. They lost to NE and beat SD, but so did Dallas.

Dallas or NY would give those teams all they could handle. I think the favored team would depend on home field.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
The Colts are a sham..the best team they've played is Jax at 3-3 and the rest of the clubs are all under .500. Their NFC wins are against SF, STL and Chi..enough said.

Pissburgh's only quality opponents have been NE and SD. They lost to NE and beat SD, but so did Dallas.

Dallas or NY would give those teams all they could handle. I think the favored team would depend on home field.

So the Colts aren't good because they've only beaten everyone they have played? What do you expect them to do? Schedule mid-week games vs the Patriots and Steelers?

They've beaten who they are SUPPOSED to beat, which is more than we can say.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Part of the reason the colts' opponents have losing records is because they player the Colts and lost...

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Of all the good teams in the AFC I think we would beat the Steelers- I just think we are built to stop teams like them. The Colts, I doubt. The Pats, I'm not sure.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I do think the Steelers will beat the Colts when they play and I also think the Pats beat the Colts Monday. I still think the Colts are soft and will continue to until they beat the teams that matter in the AFC.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
Part of the reason the colts' opponents have losing records is because they player the Colts and lost...

all i can say is.......WOW...just....WOW.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I think the NFC may have the elite teams like the AFC, the problem is that there is so much more depth in the NFC, especially the East and South Divisions, that it is much more difficult to have a great record.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31 said:

1. I know it doesn't matter who the mediots think is better, but I don't understand why every team in the AFC who is above .500 is considered to be so much better than any NFC team who is above .500.

2. Currently the AFC has 8 teams with records of .500 or better. While the NFC has 10 teams at .500 or better

3. NFC teams are a combined 18-17 against the AFC teams. Thats better than .500, against the "stronger" AFC?

4. The NFC teams have played very well against the AFC's "top teams" I can think of a few of them Dallas over SD, NY over Denver, Philly over KC, St Louis over Jacksonville, Carolina over NE.

Yes...I am especially sick of the Denver love.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Yes...I am especially sick of the Denver love.

Actually Denver is the one that I feel deserves some love. Pittsburgh isn't too impressive to me, I live in PA and hear all about them, the obvious key is to stop the run. Big Ben is overrated as a QB, he was 2-2 on the "game winning" drive last night, and he a "great QB?" Anyway, I think that what Denver did to Philly showed alot, many teams would have cracked when they got it back to 28-21, instead they got an INT. I have to think any team in the NFC East or South can beat any team in the AFC Any given Sunday...

Cowchips

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
So the Colts aren't good because they've only beaten everyone they have played? What do you expect them to do? Schedule mid-week games vs the Patriots and Steelers?

They've beaten who they are SUPPOSED to beat, which is more than we can say.

Look at their schedule..if we had that schedule, we'd be 8-0

Cowchips

Reaction score
Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 11 @Baltimore Won 24-7
Sep 18 Jacksonville Won 10-3
Sep 25 Cleveland Won 13-6
Oct 2 @Tennessee Won 31-10
Oct 9 @San Francisco Won 28-3
Oct 17 St. Louis Won 45-28
Oct 23 @Houston Won 38-20

The Colts have a perfect record, but who wouldn't with the teams they've played. Maybe Jax would make a game of it against Dallas or NY but c'mon the rest are pathetic this year and it has nothing to do with them playing Indy..the teams just suck!!

TheHustler

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
Look at their schedule..if we had that schedule, we'd be 8-0

You forget that we lost to the Raiders, who the Colts would beat soundly, the Commanders and the Seahawks. All of whom the Colts would beat, easily.

They win games they are SUPPOSED to win, we don't.

superpunk

Reaction score
Seems to me it takes the media a while to catch up with the real world. The Conferences are basically equal, but it will take the media a while to catch up. It's always the way. Same with bball, they keep jocking the west, when the east has quietly become just as legitimate.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31 said:

Anyone know where you can get the current NFC vs AFC record of this season? It was 18-17 favoring the NFC, curious to see what it is now and what it ends up.