Anyone else think its pathetic...

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
That we have no interceptions?

lol, its kinda funny after all that money we spent on CB's.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2294300 said:

I don't know if it's the scheme or we have over rated corners but it's getting pretty pathetic.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
And watch, it'll be Bradie James or Greg Ellis that records our first interception off a deflection lol.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Norm and Larry Brown talked about this in the post game.The problem we have is that Newman is strictly a zone corner and would get toasted if put in bump and run. Furthermore, Newman is not the type of corner to make a play on the ball. Henry is better at playing bump and playing the ball. Pacman is a much better bump corner and even when playing zone, plays the ball very well.

Compounding the problem is that Bradie and Zack are not good blitzers from the inside. Therefore, we don't blitz from the inside, and they mainly play the soft zone with Newman in there.

They mentioned that it very telling that we don't have any interceptions this year. Pacman has come close a couple of times.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
so they believe its on Newman?

maybe it was a dumb decision to fork him all that cash this past offseason?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2294441 said:
Norm and Larry Brown talked about this in the post game.The problem we have is that Newman is strictly a zone corner and would get toasted if put in bump and run. Furthermore, Newman is not the type of corner to make a play on the ball. Henry is better at playing bump and playing the ball. Pacman is a much better bump corner and even when playing zone, plays the ball very well.

Compounding the problem is that Bradie and Zack are not good blitzers from the inside. Therefore, we don't blitz from the inside, and they mainly play the soft zone with Newman in there.

They mentioned that it very telling that we don't have any interceptions this year. Pacman has come close a couple of times.
Yeah, I mean so far it looks as if Pac Man is the only guy that plays the football. Every other corner, with the exception of the one play by Mike Jenkins in the Philly game, seems to arrive after the receiver has caught the ball and is headed downfield. The Corner play has been underwhelming to say the least.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2294441 said:

Those guys know nothing if they think Newman can't play man coverage. He is very physical, has long arms, has great change of direction and has recovery speed. He is the prototypical man coverage corner. Now Larry Brown was a zone corner.:laugh2:

Henry can play man coverage but it is feast or famine with him because he has no recovery speed and can get beat due to his aggressiveness with double moves.

Pacman can play man coverage but his weakness is being overaggressive - he will also be prone to double moves but at least he does have recovery speed.

Eskimo

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2294453 said:
so they believe its on Newman?

maybe it was a dumb decision to fork him all that cash this past offseason?

They don't know what they are talking about.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img242.*************/img242/7994/vlcsnap427659ou4.jpg
im in ur coaching staff, ruining ur hopes n dreamz

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score

I asked the question in a different topic…if we have any INTs and you just verified to me that we don’t…what have we forced 3 fumbles and two were caused by the other team…pac to my knowledge is the only one on the team that caused a legit turnover…next question is…what other teams (if any) don’t have an INT through 4 games?

proline

Reaction score
SquiggDoggs;2294532 said:
I asked the question in a different topic…if we have any INTs and you just verified to me that we don’t…what have we forced 3 fumbles and two were caused by the other team…pac to my knowledge is the only one on the team that caused a legit turnover…next question is…what other teams (if any) don’t have an INT through 4 games?

Ware did force a fumble (against Cinci, IIRC).

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
bbgun;2294474 said:

I can't help but laugh at that one.:lmao:

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
bbgun;2294474 said:
Looks like Campo's about to dig out some gold in the back ground!:laugh2:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2294441 said:
Norm and Larry Brown talked about this in the post game.The problem we have is that Newman is strictly a zone corner

Newman is anything but a zone corner. Anytime we have ever played matchup defense with a cornerback man-to-man on a specific receiver, who is the cornerback we have used? Newman. Nobody else. You don't do that with a "zone" cornerback. Henry is the one who is strictly a zone cornerback.

and would get toasted if put in bump and run.

When is the last time Newman got "toasted" in bump-and-run? 2004?

Newman certainly isn't the reason we play zone. If any corner is the reason, it's Henry, because he can be beaten deep in man-to-man.

More likely, it's simply Wade's philosophy to make teams beat you a little at a time instead of in great big chunks. The problem is, that's even more frustrating for the fans.

Boysboy

Reaction score

I assume this is TO's fault too.:rolleyes:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2294441 said:

Newman is a zone corner now???

I thought Newman was a shut down corner, isnt that why we paid him a small fortune?

Hell, if we wanted a zone corner you can get a JAG to do that. Look at the Colts, almost exclusively a zone corner team and I dont even know the names of any of their corners.

The Titans signed Nick Harper (zone corner) away from the Colts and they have the best D in the league now under Fisher. Also, Harper is making freaking peanuts compared to Newman.

Why did we sign Pac (a man coverage corner) and draft Mike Jenkins (best man corner in the draft) if our scheme is to use our corners in zone???

No wonder this D sucks.:(

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2294441 said:

I'm sorry but this is the biggest load of bull**** I have ever heard before in my life newman a zone corner??? So why is he always manned up on the slot receiver in the nickel ?????? newsflash you can't pump the WR 12 yards off the ball.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2294867 said:
I'm sorry but this is the biggest load of bull**** I have ever heard before in my life newman a zone corner??? So why is he always manned up on the slot receiver in the nickel ?????? newsflash you can't pump the WR 12 yards off the ball.

Why does anyone even bother to listen to that clown Hitzges???

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2294829 said:
Newman is a zone corner now???

I thought Newman was a shut down corner, isnt that why we paid him a small fortune?

Hell, if we wanted a zone corner you can get a JAG to do that. Look at the Colts, almost exclusively a zone corner team and I dont even know the names of any of their corners.

The Titans signed Nick Harper (zone corner) away from the Colts and they have the best D in the league now under Fisher. Also, Harper is making freaking peanuts compared to Newman.

Why did we sign Pac (a man coverage corner) and draft Mike Jenkins (best man corner in the draft) if our scheme is to use our corners in zone???

No wonder this D sucks.:(

IDK if you can consider Jenkins the best man corner in the draft I mean Cason was a savage in college.