Anyone else think its pathetic...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2294300 said:
That we have no interceptions?

lol, its kinda funny after all that money we spent on CB's.

I don't know if it's pathetic or not, but it is disturbing, especially when you consider that the Commanders' backup SS has 3 int's while playing for their injured starter the past two weeks.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2294441 said:
Norm and Larry Brown talked about this in the post game.The problem we have is that Newman is strictly a zone corner and would get toasted if put in bump and run. Furthermore, Newman is not the type of corner to make a play on the ball. Henry is better at playing bump and playing the ball. Pacman is a much better bump corner and even when playing zone, plays the ball very well.

Compounding the problem is that Bradie and Zack are not good blitzers from the inside. Therefore, we don't blitz from the inside, and they mainly play the soft zone with Newman in there.

They mentioned that it very telling that we don't have any interceptions this year. Pacman has come close a couple of times.

If that were true than he'd have some INTs by now. IMO (and Adam can get the stats on this if he wants) more ints come out of zone coverage than man coverage.

Of course if you're going to be mostly a team that runs a zone defense then you HAVE to have a good CONSISTENT pass rush. We don't have that. You also have to have a good push from your DL and get in the QBs face (or push a lineman into the QB) and we sure as heck don't have that.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2294915 said:
If that were true than he'd have some INTs by now. IMO (and Adam can get the stats on this if he wants) more ints come out of zone coverage than man coverage.

Of course if you're going to be mostly a team that runs a zone defense then you HAVE to have a good CONSISTENT pass rush. We don't have that. You also have to have a good push from your DL and get in the QBs face (or push a lineman into the QB) and we sure as heck don't have that.

The game is won in the trenches its all to clear no matter how many DB's we got this offense doesn't matter if the front 7 is losing the battle.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Oh and our defense has exactly 1 forced turnover this season - if I'm remember correctly. That's the fumble Adam Jones forced against the Packers.

The eagles fumble wasn't "Forced".

1 forced turnover in 4 games. A dominating defense would be forcing around 2 per game.

Our defense is pathetic.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2294925 said:
Oh and our defense has exactly 1 forced turnover this season - if I'm remember correctly. That's the fumble Adam Jones forced against the Packers.

The eagles fumble wasn't "Forced".

1 forced turnover in 4 games. A dominating defense would be forcing around 2 per game.

Our defense is pathetic.

yea you're right.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Newman, PacMan and Jenkins are all man-to-man type CBs with above average athleticism/speed. You'd have a difficult time finding more than a few CB trios in the NFL as physically gifted as these 3 CBs. Henry is the only guy to worry about because he can be very aggresive but doesn't have the recovery speed. So Im not sure what Larry Brown and Norm are watching. Henry aside, we do have the personnel to bump and run with most opposing WRs in the league.

The scheme we're playing doesn't match the personnel we have. It's blatantly obvious.

The sad thing is this probably will not change if this is Wade's philosophy he's been using all his time as a coordinator in the NFL. Our only hope is Jerry deciding to put his coaching hat back on...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;2294931 said:
Newman, PacMan and Jenkins are all man-to-man type CBs with above average athleticism/speed. You'd have a difficult time finding more than a few CB trios in the NFL as physically gifted as these 3 CBs. Henry is the only guy to worry about because he can be very aggresive but doesn't have the recovery speed. So Im not sure what Larry Brown and Norm are watching. Henry aside, we do have the personnel to bump and run with most opposing WRs in the league.

The scheme we're playing doesn't match the personnel we have. It's blatantly obvious.

The sad thing is this probably will not change if this is Wade's philosophy he's been using all his time as a coordinator in the NFL. Our only hope is Jerry deciding to put his coaching hat back on...

Yet Wade always talks about how he changes his scheme to fit his players strengths.

Which is BS cuz it's pretty much impossible to cater to each and every individuals playing strengths w/o opening up some kind of giant hole in your defense.

Our CBs should be playing more bump and run.

Ratliff should be a DE.

We need a TRUE fat, sloppy, cheeseburger eating NG to clog the middle.

Brady James should be a backup.

I also think we should put Ware in coverage more. When he's rushing the QB 90% of the time, teams can game plan us easier. Since we normally rush only 4, they already know which 4 those will be most of the time. If we drop him in coverage more teams would have a harder time identifying that 4th rusher.

Plus, Ware is a darn good coverage LB.

I actually think it would open things up MORE for Ware as a pass rusher if the rushed him LESS. Teams wouldn't spend as much time game planning him if they know he'll be in coverage more and if they aren't game planning him then he'd get more 1 on 1 matchups.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2294939 said:
Yet Wade always talks about how he changes his scheme to fit his players strengths.

Which is BS cuz it's pretty much impossible to cater to each and every individuals playing strengths w/o opening up some kind of giant hole in your defense.

Our CBs should be playing more bump and run.

Ratliff should be a DE.

We need a TRUE fat, sloppy, cheeseburger eating NG to clog the middle.

Brady James should be a backup.

I also think we should put Ware in coverage more. When he's rushing the QB 90% of the time, teams can game plan us easier. Since we normally rush only 4, they already know which 4 those will be most of the time. If we drop him in coverage more teams would have a harder time identifying that 4th rusher.

Plus, Ware is a darn good coverage LB.

I actually think it would open things up MORE for Ware as a pass rusher if the rushed him LESS. Teams wouldn't spend as much time game planning him if they know he'll be in coverage more and if they aren't game planning him then he'd get more 1 on 1 matchups.

Did you mean as a back up NT cause that made me laugh LoL. But yeah I agree I like Ware in coverage a lot also.

Nav22

Reaction score
Detroit is the only other team with 0 INTs, and they had their bye this week.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nav22;2294964 said:
Detroit is the only other team with 0 INTs, and they had their bye this week.

Ouch.

I mean seriously... our defense is no better at picking off a QB than Detroit.

I say again... Ouch.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Here's something even more pathetic...

The Bengals have 1 int this season and only 2 sacks...

But they're opponents passer rating is 10 points worse then the cowboys' opponents' passer rating (81 to 91).

We've gotten to the QB 12 times, but it hasn't really helped our pass defense. All it's done is remove yardage - temporarily - from opposing teams' totals. We haven't "rattled" a QB this year at all.

Not even Derek Freakin' Anderson who now has 6 ints this season.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2294985 said:

But they're opponents passer rating is 10 points worse then the cowboys' opponents' passer rating (81 to 91).

We've gotten to the QB 12 times, but it hasn't really helped our pass defense. All it's done is remove yardage - temporarily - from opposing teams' totals. We haven't "rattled" a QB this year at all.

Even out corners played in the same zip code as the WR's some of these numbers might change.

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2294300 said:
That we have no interceptions?

lol, its kinda funny after all that money we spent on CB's.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It's funny how great minds think alike.

I just woke up and was thinking about this game allllll nite ,and one of the things that bothered me the most is exactly that.

I can't remember the last INT we had. :rolleyes:

All I hear is that we have one of the best D's in the NFL ,but they must not be looking at our secondary.

Fair @ best.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rack;2294985 said:

Wade will rattle off his sack statistics to create the impression that we are creating pressure. The majority of our sacks are coverage sacks anyways and we aren't even close to rattling the QB.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
We would have at least 5 more sacks if we would learn how to tackle. It seems that our rushers hit the QB and bounce off or flat out miss the tackles.

Newman did it yesterday.