Anyone else think we could use a new Mascot?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rowdy Rhonda Rousey has some free time these days.

LegalZanyArcticwolf-max-1mb.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Since the staff is new why not change it all with the fresh start.

Would any of you miss Rowdy?

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQfo8c7AA-P-4hhUoPOLPTOGNymlmycQnwPh-i-iX9nuXayVSc8&usqp=CAUI miss this guy.:grin:

Crazy Ray was the greatest mascot ever. He was the Cowboys unofficial mascot for decades. He became so popular NFL films did a segment on him. Wish I could find it. His name was Wilford Jones. He was just a regular fan who lived over 100 miles from Dallas and drove to Texas Stadium for every home game. For a while he even paid for his own ticket until the Cowboys gave him his own special parking space and granted him free access to all home games. Watching him running around the stadium on a stick horse and going at it with the Commanders mascot was pure entertainment. He was a real character. He’s one of the great memories I have of the 70s Cowboys.

GMO415

Reaction score
Next time I see Rowdy, just know it's going to be a misunderstanding......

Reactions: G2

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQfo8c7AA-P-4hhUoPOLPTOGNymlmycQnwPh-i-iX9nuXayVSc8&usqp=CAUI miss this guy.:grin:

Here try one of these.

Yes..Crazy Ray.

I was about 10 in 1966 when first met Ray.

He was walking down the stairs and I was on the end row. He stopped and whistled his whistle and asked me when my birthday was. It was about a month away. He started to blow up balloons and made me a dog balloon and handed it to me.

Never forget Crazy Ray..greatest Cowboy fan I ever knew. Loved it when he rode his wooden mop stick and waved his hat when the Cowboys scored.

Great dude.

Last edited:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
While we are at it. We should get rid of the name Cowboys. Back in the day they were known for carrying guns and fighting all different types of humans.

#greenfont

Did I do that right?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

I grew up in Oakcliff, and as a child would visit the arcades at the Bronco Bowl. They used to have posters of the Dallas Texans there at the cafeteria. Boy was it disappointing to later find out that Rowdy was our mascot.

afl-game-program_1962-11-04_hou-dal.jpg

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mrs. Price is our unofficial mascot. I can hear her yelling right now.:D She also won some kind of super fan thing representing the Cowboys.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I just wish we would change the color of our home uniform pants. That ugly foam green is awful. Silver or white would be a huge improvement.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Speaking of Ranger... this is way more entertaining.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQIZ7N2b1I3szcP1drWdCI5lbpDkPe0Y8zQo0qO1poh60mv02E1&usqp=CAU Vikings mascot.. Rowdy looks like he wants to bake you an apple pie.
And then do American Pie things to it before giving it to you.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Mascot: A person or thing that is supposed to bring good luck or that is used to symbolize a particular event or organization:

Yes. We could definitely use a new mascot.

In today's environment, however, you have to be sensitive to certain perceptions.

Mascots that may be a bad idea:

Gunny the Gunslinger

Rusty the Bull Rider.

The Wild Ranger

Why not represent he average guy who buys a ticket?
Dressed in workaday clothes, backwards cap, drives a pickup, carries a toolbox, lives in Allen, Pines for the old "All My Rowdy Brothers Are Watching Football Tonight."

C'mon, give it up to the Average Joe.

Last edited:

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I'm in favor of keeping Rowdy as a mascot only if they hang him up by the ankles in the endzone and beat him like a pinata after every touchdown.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
who are mascots designed for? Mostly the younger audience, specifically kids...and Rowdy is great for kids, i have a 3 and 6 yo that love rowdy

I never understood why grown cowboys fans complain about a mascot designed to make the game more fun for younger audiences...stop complaining about rowdy and ogle the cheerleaders already, or focus on the game....Rowdy is for the children.

Unless...those of you complaining ARE children....hmm
Blimey.
How many kids buy tickets? Buy NFL products? Buy beer and tires and trucks that fuel the TV football games?
You want a kid's mascot? Go to Chuck E. Cheese.