Anyone else tired of hearing about the Manning Bowl?

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but after beating the Giants with a dominant defense, and when it mattered most, a dominant offense in OT, I'm sick and tired of hearing everyone say the Giants are the best team. They say Dallas got lucky vs. Philly and the Giants. Eli Manning has never played a playoff game, yet people imagine he'll become the next Tom Brady? Give me a break. Even Peyton never made the big game yet. It's the damn NY media behind this.

Grevus

Reaction score
I would agree. I'm sick of hearing how great the Giants are and how the Cowboys are lucky. We have had our share of good luck. We could have lost some of the game we won, but at the same time, we should have one some of the games we lost. I truely believe that the Cowboys are better then the Giants. If you look at each position, I feel that the Cowboys match up very well with the Giants and in some cases, the Cowboys are better then the Giants.

A lot of what everyone is hearing is NY media. The Giants are a good team. If they didn't come from behind and beat Denver, I don't believe you would hear as much talk as you might be hearing today.

In the end, Dallas won't get any respect until they beat the Giants again or win the divsion which might require them beating the Giants again.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Dont' worry when we beat them against at home, and win the NFC east there hopes wll die in the wildcard, when the Gints lose again.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its amazing how much love the rest of the East is getting when Dallas has owned all of them for 175 of the 180 minutes they played.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I'm sick of both Mannings, T.Brushcie(sp) and TO. Heck throw in McNabbs mother to boot.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC said:
I'm sick of both Mannings, T.Brushcie(sp) and TO. Heck throw in McNabbs mother to boot.

Yes, I refuse to buy Chunky soups just because of that. And if I had any little kds (mine is grown) or if I ever have any grandchildren...I would not allow them to eat it, until those lame arse commercials are history.

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
Why would you post this if you are tired of hearing about it :confused:

To state the exact opposite theory: neither Manning will be in the Super Bowl, and the underscore that anyone who says the Giants will be in the Super Bowl is forgetting that Parcells is now our coach, not theirs.

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas has lost 3 close games. The Giants lost one, but got annhilated at San Diego (where Dallas won). They may have blown out Washington (both Dallas and Giants are 3-1 vs. common opponents), but Manning only completed 38% of his passes that day, with a 50 something rating. Weak.

ghst187

Reaction score
I hate all things Manning. Dorks.
I'd say we're pretty equal position by position on offense but our defense is very superior to theirs.
However, I don't mind everyone talking up another team in our division. We'll get our chance to shut them up and I think and hope we will.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Not really. But it won't happen this year for sure. The Giants will not reach the Super Bowl.

Cowchips

Reaction score
I'd rather see the Battle of the B's..Bill Parcells vs. Bill Billijerk and Bledsoe vs. Brady..now that would be special!!

ghst187

Reaction score
As long as Washington, Philthy, NY Giants, any team with a Manning, New England, Oakland, Minnesota, Baltimore, Green Bay, or Pittsburgh aren't in the SB, I'll be happy.

The Curly One

Reaction score
The Giants are not going to the Super Bowl but it is good to see them improving. I was tired of seeing the NFC East be a cake walk for Philthy every year.
The Giants have improved, The foreskins have improved some and the Cowboys have improved some. Philthy is going downhill and picking up speed. Still I think Eli Manning may be a very good QB someday but he is not there yet. Payton Manning and the Colts are the team to beat this year, I think they will go all the way and win it all. I do not like that but they look like the best team to me.

With the right off season moves the Cowboys can be in the drivers seat next year but I do not think we have all of the peices of the puzzle right now. Do not think the Foreskins ever will but the Giants are in much the same position as the Cowboys. With right moves they can be there in the hunt next season. Curly

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
I would much rather bask in watching the media eat crow by slipping in under the radar than have the media pump us up and have the team tank.

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
When the Colts beat the Pats they said it was the first time at Foxboro since 1995. That means Bledsoe beat the Colts in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 (the Colts were in the same division then). He may have even won all the road games - up to 10 straight, most vs. Manning. Bledsoe owns Indy.

Reaction score
I agree big neil....all this hype over the mannings is ridiculous. So big brother finally beat the pats...BIG DEAL...they suck now just like the rest of that sorry division. I bet Bledsoe almost wishes he was still there its gotton so bad in the AFC Least

No way do the giants do better than a wild card birth, their schedule is equally as brutal in the second half and they have 3 road games in december, not to mention a date with us at home.

Colts are on their way to being last years steelers, and this undefeated talk is ludicrious. They still have to play the seahawks, steelers, bengals, chargers and in jacksonville....all those teams are capable of handling them and they will probably go 2-3 against them at best

Reaction score
big_neil said:
When the Colts beat the Pats they said it was the first time at Foxboro since 1995. That means Bledsoe beat the Colts in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 (the Colts were in the same division then). He may have even won all the road games - up to 10 straight, most vs. Manning. Bledsoe owns Indy.

i forgot all about that stat too....Bledsoe likes to school the mannings, he should do it again in NY come december too.

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
It's too bad Drew never got to face THIS New England defense, or lack thereof. I think their 4-4 record (after going 34-3 over their last 37 including playoffs), is proof positive that Brady isn't the only factor - the defense is probably the main reason behind his 61-17 career record.