Anyone else wonder just how bad of a record the second NFC Wild Card will have?

endersdragon

Reaction score
Assuming the Seahawks get one who will get the other? The Commanders are going nowhere fast with buttfumble (why they didn't sign Kaep I don't understand). Vikings have a quite tough schedule ahead and it wouldn't surprise me if they finish 1-3. The Panthers have 2 games against the Saints ahead, not easy wins when you have been doing horrible lately. Eagles have the Rams and the Texas teams these next 3 weeks. Some one has to get it by default right? Maybe some 8-8 team, or possibly the 8-7-1 Vikings?

kskboys

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing myself!!!!!

Kaep? He's a lightening rod who has consistently turned down contract offers. Fans will stay away in droves if any team signs him. Why would you think they'd want him?

endersdragon

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing myself!!!!!

Kaep? He's a lightening rod who has consistently turned down contract offers. Fans will stay away in droves if any team signs him. Why would you think they'd want him?
He is a lot better than buttfumble and could at least drive that bus and possibly beat teams like the Giants, Jags, and Eagles (Titans maybe not) and maybe get into the playoffs. Fans care about winning a lot more than politics.

Reactions: C42

ghst187

Reaction score
At this point Kap hasn’t played football in how long? And the last we saw of him he was horrible.
Plus the potential impact to ticket sales for those who DO care about politics and I wouldn’t touch him either.

kskboys

Reaction score
He is a lot better than buttfumble and could at least drive that bus and possibly beat teams like the Giants, Jags, and Eagles (Titans maybe not) and maybe get into the playoffs. Fans care about winning a lot more than politics.
Disagree. I think you may be underrating the fan hate for this dude.

Strictly talentwise, yeah, I'd prolly take him over buttfumble.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Disagree. I think you may be underrating the fan hate for this dude.

Strictly talentwise, yeah, I'd prolly take him over buttfumble.
Neither one has done anything since 2016... Sanchez had a QB rating of 30.3 that year, Kaep had a QB rating of 90.7 that year. It's not even close in terms of talent. As far as hate, look at Vick to see how fast hate can be lessened by fans when winning, and he was universally hated, not hated by 50% and loved by 50% like Kaep.

C42

Reaction score
I’m wondering the same thing. There’s no chance in hell Kaep couldn’t do better than the two guys they tried today.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Neither one has done anything since 2016... Sanchez had a QB rating of 30.3 that year, Kaep had a QB rating of 90.7 that year. It's not even close in terms of talent. As far as hate, look at Vick to see how fast hate can be lessened by fans when winning, and he was universally hated, not hated by 50% and loved by 50% like Kaep.
Good point Kaep has a pretty big supporting cast unlike Vick had. The eagles weathered the store. Teams can sign domestic abusers and fans don't say a peep. Two years ago they said ratings would keep declining and that has not happened either.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fair enough.

Still, Kaep is poison to any GM.

BTW, even w/ his 90 dumpoff rating, Kaep was terrible and couldn't win. Kaep was only winning as long as SF's D held most teams to squat

In the year you're referring to, Kaep led the niners to the 31st ranked O in the NFL. He was terrible and everyone knew it. I'm really not sure why you think he was good, unless you're one of those that goes strictly by stats. If so, in this case, don't even look at the rating, it's grossly misleading. Niners were 2-14 that year. And Kaep was terrible.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m wondering the same thing. There’s no chance in hell Kaep couldn’t do better than the two guys they tried today.
Absolutely. However, he's poison. And just because he'd be better does not in any way indicate he'd be even average. He was terrible the last time he played.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Absolutely. However, he's poison. And just because he'd be better does not in any way indicate he'd be even average. He was terrible the last time he played.
He was a serviceable backup the last time he played. There are some starting QBs that don't have a QB rating over 90 anymore.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was a serviceable backup the last time he played. There are some starting QBs that don't have a QB rating over 90 anymore.
Kaep's rating is due to him dumping the ball off prodigiously and not taking any chances. He's not good, no matter what his rating is.

Is he better than buttfumble? Prolly, who isn't!!!!!!

Yes, he'd make a great backup. No, teams are not going to sign him. His GF took care of that!!!!