Anyone ever been to a Japanese Maid Café?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Man, they sure do think up some goofy **** in Japan. It does kind of look like fun. Check it out. If anyone's ever been to one, speak up. I've never been to Japan.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I was thinking{actually hoping}this was something totally different, carry on...

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If I got to Japan, I think I want to go to one of those. That was the silliest, goofiest thing I've ever seen. Looks like fun.

rynochop

Reaction score
I guess if I wanted people to think I was a pedophile I'd go in there.ha. That one girl was cute, the others looked 12

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I live near Tokyo and these girls are all over the Akihabara District trying to entice you into their cafes. While the maid themed ones are the most famous they have cafes that have other themes too. A friend of mine told me recently they just opened up a maid gym somewhere where these maid girls will cheer you on while you bench, which is weird to me, but I guess it will get a few nerdy Japanese guys into the gym. I've never been to a maid cafe and don't plan to. I think they're too expensive and kinda creepy.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I live near Tokyo and these girls are all over the Akihabara District trying to entice you into their cafes. While the maid themed ones are the most famous they have cafes that have other themes too. A friend of mine told me recently they just opened up a maid gym somewhere where these maid girls will cheer you on while you bench, which is weird to me, but I guess it will get a few nerdy Japanese guys into the gym. I've never been to a maid cafe and don't plan to. I think they're too expensive and kinda creepy.

I laughed at that video and didn't find it creepy. I can see how it could get creepy though if some perv started putting his hands all over those young girls. Japan looks like a really interesting country to visit. They do some bizarre things like those cafés. There was a strange TV show from Japan imported to the US some years back. It was a reality game show where people did weird stuff like try to walk across really shaky floating bridges over a canal and try to knock each other into the water. I think it would be fun to visit Japan and see the campy and goofy stuff that they do there.

I hear there's something called a "gaijin hunter," or girls who seek out foreigners to try to gain gifts from them or whatever. That does sound pretty creepy.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I hear there's something called a "gaijin hunter," or girls who seek out foreigners to try to gain gifts from them or whatever. That does sound pretty creepy.

I've heard of that term and wouldn't limit it to Japanese girls going after foreign men, which definitely exists, but also to a Japanese person regardless of gender hunting down a foreign person and becoming superficial friends with them. Basically being friends only for the English practice or just to be able to say that you have a foreign friend. Certainly not all Japanese are like that but those people definitely exist.

On another note, I do encourage anybody with interest to come and experience this country. It's got a great history and culture, beautiful country side, and the people are the nicest you'll meet anywhere. There's something here for everyone.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am slightly buzzed and watching some show called "Running Man" on a Korean channel I have never seen. I do not understand a word they are saying or what the point is......but I find it pretty entertaining :lmao2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I laughed at that video and didn't find it creepy. I can see how it could get creepy though if some perv started putting his hands all over those young girls. Japan looks like a really interesting country to visit. They do some bizarre things like those cafés. There was a strange TV show from Japan imported to the US some years back. It was a reality game show where people did weird stuff like try to walk across really shaky floating bridges over a canal and try to knock each other into the water. I think it would be fun to visit Japan and see the campy and goofy stuff that they do there.

It seems like you've already got some interesting thoughts on what Japan is about. Might be worth going just to see what the country is really like.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It seems like you've already got some interesting thoughts on what Japan is about. Might be worth going just to see what the country is really like.

One thing I'm sure of is that it's an interesting place. I would like to see it.