Anyone ever buy a car on line?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
If so, any suggestions?

There are many internet department dealerships, ... I can buy a vehicle on line from Texas, ship it to WV for $1000, and still pay less than they are asking here locally.

I am seriously looking at one in Atlanta. I have already made an offer, .. waiting to hear from them.

Anything I should be aware of?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I sold my dad's 57 Chevy online on Ebay. I was here in Anchorage and the car was in Burleson, TX. and the guy who bought it was in Pennsylvania. :eek:

He sent a mechanic from a local shop to the house to look the vehicle over and number match some things then wired me the money.

It was easy and I would certainly buy a car that way if checked out by an authorized mechanic of the local dealership.

Carfax for sure! Make sure you get that also. There is a good amount of information about the car in one.

ologan

Reaction score
I've handled buying of three Camry's on Ebay. One was purchased by my MIL,one by our nephew,and one for my wife. They are all great cars,and if you do your homework and due diligence on them,can save you a lot of money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3844900 said:
If so, any suggestions?

Don't buy one from anyone who may have ties to the mob there could be a body in the trunk.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3844900 said:
If so, any suggestions?

There are many internet department dealerships, ... I can buy a vehicle on line from Texas, ship it to WV for $1000, and still pay less than they are asking here locally.

I am seriously looking at one in Atlanta. I have already made an offer, .. waiting to hear from them.

Anything I should be aware of?

I am currently car shopping in Atlanta. You would think in this day and age, it would be easy to find any model you want from a private seller but I'm finding that's quite the opposite. I hope you and I aren't after the same cars!