Anyone ever design an iphone app?

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I have an idea for an app. I've just started doing some research on how to design it, but I figured I"d ask around and see if anyone has done it, or attempted to do it?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
heard all it takes is a little bit of programing know how to get it done aka super easy

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
the kid 05;3353555 said:
heard all it takes is a little bit of programing know how to get it done aka super easy

lol!!!

CowboyWay

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3353665 said:

I just got a quote from a developing company. They wanted between 5K and 10K.

YOWSA. thanks, but no thanks.

From what I understand, I need to brush up on Objective C programming, to do it myself.

And by "Brush up", I mean learn what the hell it is.

Big D

Reaction score
Supposedly, in the newest version of flash you can export your fla's to phone apps.

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
Big D;3355998 said:
Supposedly, in the newest version of flash you can export your fla's to phone apps.

Apple put the kibosh on that one quickly. They don't want to have a bunch of apps crap out every time they do an iPhone OS update because they were developed in some other programming language with a cobbled-together port.

People complain about the restrictions on development and the submission process, but I think their success is largely because they do enough oversight to make sure the environment is a clean and well put together as humanly possible--because the last thing people want is to spend time troubleshooting a phone or tablet device like they do their desktop machines.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Their success is due to a stranglehold on the approval process and their store. I have a friend whose company released a number of iPhone apps; the programmers really disliked the programming tools, and the approval process was haphazard, and poorly set up.

I will see him today or tomorrow and will ask a bit more about it. He wasn't a programmer, so I don't know the depth of info I can get for you. I do know that people who got out some of those silly $1 apps, like the 'More Cowbell' or the beer drinking one, etc, pull in some pretty good money from them.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dcdallaschick;3356023 said:
Apple put the kibosh on that one quickly. They don't want to have a bunch of apps crap out every time they do an iPhone OS update because they were developed in some other programming language with a cobbled-together port.

People complain about the restrictions on development and the submission process, but I think their success is largely because they do enough oversight to make sure the environment is a clean and well put together as humanly possible--because the last thing people want is to spend time troubleshooting a phone or tablet device like they do their desktop machines.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with Apple's war with Adobe.

kapolani

Reaction score
I wrote an app for my iPhone as a proof of concept.

My iPhone is Jailbroken. I circumvented Apple's code signing requirements. It took a little work, but was successful.

I downloaded VMWARE. I downloaded a Mac OSX image. Downloaded xCode. Did some computer ninja skills to get it all working.

I wrote up a little document so that if I ever decided to do it again I didn't have to reinvent the wheel.

CowboyWay

Reaction score
arglebargle;3356052 said:
Their success is due to a stranglehold on the approval process and their store. I have a friend whose company released a number of iPhone apps; the programmers really disliked the programming tools, and the approval process was haphazard, and poorly set up.

I will see him today or tomorrow and will ask a bit more about it. He wasn't a programmer, so I don't know the depth of info I can get for you. I do know that people who got out some of those silly $1 apps, like the 'More Cowbell' or the beer drinking one, etc, pull in some pretty good money from them.

I'd love to hear what he has to say on it, or if he's interested in designing mine.