Anyone ever order from Cajun Grocer?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a Turducken this year. Never had one but they sound delish. I love turkey duck and chicken and i bet their stuffing is good.

Any advice on where to buy one other than this place?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Big Dakota;3044178 said:
Thinking about buying a Turducken this year. Never had one but they sound delish. I love turkey duck and chicken and i bet their stuffing is good.

Cajun Grocer is pretty dependable, but the bang-for-your-buck on the turducken deal isn't really that great.

Save your money. Do a regular turkey in the manner you like, then splurge on something else, like an oyster or seafood dressing, boudin balls etc.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3044192 said:
Cajun Grocer is pretty dependable, but the bang-for-your-buck on the turducken deal isn't really that great.

Save your money. Do a regular turkey in the manner you like, then splurge on something else, like an oyster or seafood dressing, boudin balls etc.

Thanks for the advice. They have sooo many great sounding products for the 80 bucks it'll cost me to get a turduck i could get several other items to go with my turkey.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I have used them before in buying pre made roux and some andouille sausage. Can you believe you can't get andouille sausage at grocery stores in Fla. Geesh...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Big Dakota;3044178 said:

Turducken is really good, but overly expensive in most cases...

Tony Chacherie makes a pretty good one and you can get it at Wal-Mart for around $40... pretty good stuff...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
trickblue;3044924 said:
Turducken is really good, but overly expensive in most cases...

Tony Chacherie makes a pretty good one and you can get it at Wal-Mart for around $40... pretty good stuff...
Really, Wal Mart. I've never seen one in Wal Mart up this way. I'll check it out this year and see if they carry them in the Dakotas.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
FloridaRob;3045728 said:
you do know that is pronounced A-Bears don't you. Sounds like a good place to go. I wish I had one of those in central Fla.
Watched an episode of "Road Tested" on Food Network and they had this place on. Cajun grocer carries some of their products.

Duane

Reaction score
FloridaRob;3045728 said:
you do know that is pronounced A-Bears don't you. Sounds like a good place to go. I wish I had one of those in central Fla.

I grew up in SE Texas and was eating boudin before I could say it. So I know how it's pronounced. :D

FloridaRob

Reaction score
whenever I have the pleasue of eating boiled crawfish, (not very often anymore living in Florida) my wife will actually move to another part of the restaurant or completely out of sight. She says it is too disgusting to watch. I told her it is my heritage and she just rolls her eyes and gags. Women! Louisiana food is the best there is in the world. Not even close....

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
FloridaRob;3047370 said:
whenever I have the pleasue of eating boiled crawfish, (not very often anymore living in Florida) my wife will actually move to another part of the restaurant or completely out of sight. She says it is too disgusting to watch. I told her it is my heritage and she just rolls her eyes and gags. Women! Louisiana food is the best there is in the world. Not even close....

:bow:

Ain't that the truth!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Big Dakota;3046451 said:
Really, Wal Mart. I've never seen one in Wal Mart up this way. I'll check it out this year and see if they carry them in the Dakotas.

It will be in those center freezers with the other birds...

It's easy to spot as it is in a box like this:

3_572.jpg

Sam's has them online delivered for $56... not a bad price... and they're boneless...

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=336961