Anyone ever serve on jury duty?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I have never been asked. Wouldn't mind doing it, though. What was it like? Anyone ever have an interesting case or story?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I've served on 3 different jurys. One was a case against 4 guys for cultivation and possession for sale of weed. One of the guys was a sailor on a short leave and (apparently) had just gone to the location where the bust was made to see his brother.

The prosecutor made a very good case against the other 3 guys, but I thought he had no real evidence against the sailor. A duffel bag was found at the scene and the prosecutor wanted us to believe the sailor brought the bag to take stuff back and sell it on his ship.

The sailor's lawyer noted that the bag had a "made in China" label and he asked the cop if the navy was in a habit of supplying duffle bags made in China to it's sailors. This was many years ago and, at that time, we didn't import much from China. The judge dismissed the case against the sailor right then and there.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I've been called twice. The first time I got out of it because I was in college. The second time the person plead guilty before the jury was seated or even interviewed.