Anyone ever watched ESPN Classic's "Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame..."

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I've never seen this show on ESPN Classic but it's a fun viewing. They pick a controversial topic each episode:

Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame.....
....Dan Marino for never winning a Super Bowl
....Scott Norwood for losing Super Bowl XXV
....Ernest Byner for the Browns Playoff loss
....Kobe Bryant for breaking up the Lakers

....and so on.....

Interesting stat I learned on the Dan Marino episode:

During Dan Marino's long career, there were 25 running backs that started for Miami. Only 1 ever had over 1,000 yards. :eek:

Bonus points if you say who it was. ;)

The #1 reason they gave for Marino never winning a Super Bowl was that the team never had a balanced offense. They blamed Coach Shula for his over-reliance on Marino's arm. They interviewed Buffalo Bills who laughed about how Miami would always say it was going to rely on the running game every year and then they would throw every down. Some of the Dolphins linemen sounded genuinely pissed that Shula wouldn't let them prove they could have a great running game. Jimmy Johnson and his alienation of Marino was #3. :mad:

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
The most recent one I have seen had something to do with, ugh, TO. I watched about 5 minutes of it, which was enough to make me :puke: so I never did see what the 5 Reasons were for.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I've never seen this show on ESPN Classic but it's a fun viewing. They pick a controversial topic each episode:

Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame.....
....Dan Marino for never winning a Super Bowl
....Scott Norwood for losing Super Bowl XXV
....Ernest Byner for the Browns Playoff loss
....Kobe Bryant for breaking up the Lakers

....and so on.....

Interesting stat I learned on the Dan Marino episode:

During Dan Marino's long career, there were 25 running backs that started for Miami. Only 1 ever had over 1,000 yards. :eek:

Bonus points if you say who it was. ;)

The #1 reason they gave for Marino never winning a Super Bowl was that the team never had a balanced offense. They blamed Coach Shula for his over-reliance on Marino's arm. They interviewed Buffalo Bills who laughed about how Miami would always say it was going to rely on the running game every year and then they would throw every down. Some of the Dolphins linemen sounded genuinely pissed that Shula wouldn't let them prove they could have a great running game. Jimmy Johnson and his alienation of Marino was #3. :mad:

Sammie Smith

joseephuss

Reaction score
I saw the one about the Portland Trailblazers and why they weren't to blame for drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. Most of it made since until they said that Bowie suffered leg injuries(stress fractures) in college and those injuries cost him two years of playing time. These would be the same leg injuries that haunted his entire career. You don't draft guys that have those serious types of injuries.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jackrussell said:
The most recent one I have seen had something to do with, ugh, TO. I watched about 5 minutes of it, which was enough to make me :puke: so I never did see what the 5 Reasons were for.

What were the 5 reasons? 5 reasons you can't blame TO for being a jackass? :p:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I saw the one about the Portland Trailblazers and why they weren't to blame for drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. Most of it made since until they said that Bowie suffered leg injuries(stress fractures) in college and those injuries cost him two years of playing time. These would be the same leg injuries that haunted his entire career. You don't draft guys that have those serious types of injuries.

Speaking of NBA draft goofs, someone needs to start the revisionist history for the Pistons skipping Carmelo Anthony in favor of Darko. That was one of those *** draft moves from day one.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Have they shown the top 5 reasons why you can't blame Jerry Jones for the demise of the cowboys. I know they were(if they havn't already) going to do a show about that. Don't know when though.

joseephuss

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Speaking of NBA draft goofs, someone needs to start the revisionist history for the Pistons skipping Carmelo Anthony in favor of Darko. That was one of those *** draft moves from day one.

That was a strange move. Teams just fall for anyone that is 7' tall. Even good franchises like Detroit.