anyone find shirley temple creepy?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
just watched them advertising a dvd collection on tv.

i find her creepy.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I saw that ad today too. Cute kid who grew up to be a pretty nice looking woman. Aside from that I don't know anything about her, except I've known her name almost all of my life.

ShirleyTempleMackenzieKing2b.jpg

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
vta;3759366 said:
I saw that ad today too. Cute kid who grew up to be a pretty nice looking woman. Aside from that I don't know anything about her, except I've known her name almost all of my life.

ShirleyTempleMackenzieKing2b.jpg

she did a ton of movies as a child but never became an adult start

she was US ambassador to Czechoslovakia though.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Grew up with four older sisters who played her songs constantly.

"You gotta eat your spinach, baaaay-bee ..."

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3759368 said:
she did a ton of movies as a child but never became an adult start

she was US ambassador to Czechoslovakia though.

No kidding? That's pretty interesting. Good to see a child star not grown into some sort of adult wreck.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
No because she look like a regular girl.

Now Dakota Fanning as a little kid definitely looked creepy like a doll, not the good ones, the ones that want to kill you. You know the type.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
MonsterD;3759397 said:
No because she look like a regular girl.

Now Dakota Fanning as a little kid definitely looked creepy like a doll, not the good ones, the ones that want to kill you. You know the type.

:laugh2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
She always has creeped me out. I used to think, when here old movies would be on TV, that any minute her head was going to start spinning around and around.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We used to watch her movies all the time when I was a kid. I never found her creepy.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Shirley Temple was a really sharp kid, very precocious. Heard an interview with her that covered some of the people who helped her maintain herself when she was a child star. She had really kind things to say about Bill Bojangles, often her dancing companion, about how she could talk to him about things she didn't understand, and he'd explain it for her.

My father once briefed her for one of her diplomatic positions (Perhaps Czechoslovakia), and I remember him saying that she was the smartest, best prepared non-diplomatic corps appointee that he had ever dealt with.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
I saw when listening to the holiday music channel that when her mom took her to see Santa Claus, he wanted her autograph! :p

Anyway, I like her. Haven't seen her movies, just the songs (animal crackers, good ship lollipop, etc)

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
arglebargle;3759749 said:
Shirley Temple was a really sharp kid, very precocious. Heard an interview with her that covered some of the people who helped her maintain herself when she was a child star. She had really kind things to say about Bill Bojangles, often her dancing companion, about how she could talk to him about things she didn't understand, and he'd explain it for her.

My father once briefed her for one of her diplomatic positions (Perhaps Czechoslovakia), and I remember him saying that she was the smartest, best prepared non-diplomatic corps appointee that he had ever dealt with.

Your father? What does your pop do, if you don't me asking?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lane;3759349 said:
just watched them advertising a dvd collection on tv.

i find her creepy.

Have you been drinking again Laney?

;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I never did find her creepy. I thought she was a cute kid but it could be a generational thing, I don't know.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
She was an adorable kid, but I could never stomach her movies.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
For being as young as she was when she was acting the adult Shirley turned out remarkably well. I remember she did a movie when she was a teen with Cary Grant..lucky girl.