Anyone fly with cats before?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I’m flying 6 hours with 2 cats. I have a cat backpack that I’ll wear and put it under the seat during the flight. But that means it’ll probably be 11 hours door to door before they can get out and walk around. Anyone have any experience with this and can share any tips?

cowboyec

Reaction score
I’m flying 6 hours with 2 cats. I have a cat backpack that I’ll wear and put it under the seat during the flight. But that means it’ll probably be 11 hours door to door before they can get out and walk around. Anyone have any experience with this and can share any tips?
i just assumed you had....considering you're about to make a meal of one in your avatar.

cowboyec

Reaction score
that is one way to handle social distancing.
just remember to poke holes in your carry on so they can breathe.

nobody

Reaction score
See if the vet has something that will reduce stress/anxiety in the cats before the flight.... no knocking them out. That's dangerous.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Haha yea it‘s a rough one. We’re gonna go head and go through with it though. I’ll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.
Good luck because you’re going to need it. I don’t have cats but if I did I wouldn’t do it. Seems cruel to the cats.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dude they are going to go nuts. Talk to your vet about this. Maybe u can slip them some cat Mickies or something...:lmao:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yes, I have.... Sooner travel with a hyperactive 2 year-old.

Seriously, talk to your vet (if you haven't already done so). You'll want to limit the amount of food and water probably. There are 'calming' sprays on the market that will help the cat mellow. Spray the interior of the carrier and cat blanket if you travel with one.

Good luck!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I assume SeaTac has a dog walking area in the airport. Most airports do. Maybe the cat will do their business there.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Sent PM.