Anyone following the Amanda Knox trial?

yimyammer

Reaction score
Verdict may come in tomorrow, what say you?

I've been reading about this case for over a year and I've never been more confused by the amount of information supporting both sides. At this point, I don't know what's accurate or not.

If I was on the jury and left with the same impression from the evidence presented, I would have to free her but not necessarily because I am convinced of her innocence.

There's a lot of funky stuff going on in this case.

America's system is by no means perfect, but I don't think we'd ever try to convict scientist of manslaughter for not accurately predicting an earthquake:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=italian-earthquake-manslaughter-hearing

I'll be surprised if she's released, the Italians would lose a lot of face and I'm not sure whether they're up for that, even if they should

kristie

Reaction score
from what i've heard, there is a lot of evidence that just doesn't add up. i wouldn't be surprised if she is released. the italian authorites supposedly didn't do a good job in this case.

yimyammer

Reaction score
kristie;4158746 said:
from what i've heard, there is a lot of evidence that just doesn't add up. i wouldn't be surprised if she is released. the italian authorites supposedly didn't do a good job in this case.

Depends on who you talk to, some pretty persuasive and seemingly intelligent folks have listed a litany of evidence that isn't being discussed by the American media, if they're correct, it really makes you scratch you head why we haven't heard this stuff.

I think much is lost in translation and I think the American media has become lazy and sensational which makes it that much harder to divine the truth

I just can't get past how illogical the idea of her committing a crime like this is, having only been in the country for a few weeks with a new boyfriend shes only dated a week or so with no apparent history of violence by either of them.

Doubt seems reasonable to me given what I know, but there is an over 400 page document written by the judges discussing why they came up with the original guilty verdict. It's perhaps the most unfiltered access to the evidence in this case and I haven't taken the time to read it and I doubt few others have either.