Anyone get burnt this weekend?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sunburned remember this is a family friendly board.

Went to visit my Pops Saturday and give him his Father's day gift. While there I asked to borrow his pressure washer. So most Saturday I washed the house. The small utility shed, car port and got wild and washed the riding lawnmower which looked a out twenty years old even though it is not. Looked good when done.

I Knew is was burnt but it was worst than I thought.

Today at work was a pain. Been shirtless since Saturday but if I did that at work the wimmens would go crazy cause... I am backwoods sexy.

Got home took shirt off, put some Aloe and lidocaine gel on shoulders and back of neck... Felt bumps... Look like little blisters... Ouch but I imagine they will be where I start peeling later. Oh and that does not count the calf cramp that made me cuss like a sailor and scared the wife... Nor the hand cramps... Or the shivers I got for a few minutes later that evening.

So... Your turn.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
No sunburn but was at a hostel by a loch in the Highlands for my brothers stag do this weekend and have been eaten to bits by midges. My legs, arms and hands are covered in bites, itchy as hell particularly when I had to put on trousers and a shirt for work today

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No sunburn but was at a hostel by a loch in the Highlands for my brothers stag do this weekend and have been eaten to bits by midges. My legs, arms and hands are covered in bites, itchy as hell particularly when I had to put on trousers and a shirt for work today

Do the Scottish get enough sun to get burnt? ;):p

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think I will stick with the aloe gel. Have not rubbed snuff since I was a teenager and that was mainly when I would go fishing.

Yea, my uncle who was a pro-bass fisherman taught me that trick many, many years ago, well before I even started it. I have not tried it myself though, don't allow sunburns that bad anymore. I have geen burned enough over the years from fishing to baseball to scuba :(

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next time put a shirt on BEFORE you start working.

Wore an old tank top because I did not want bleach spots ruining my shirt like it did the last time I did the house. Next time I will just sacrifice one of my shirts lol

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Sunburned remember this is a family friendly board.

Went to visit my Pops Saturday and give him his Father's day gift. While there I asked to borrow his pressure washer. So most Saturday I washed the house. The small utility shed, car port and got wild and washed the riding lawnmower which looked a out twenty years old even though it is not. Looked good when done.

I Knew is was burnt but it was worst than I thought.

Today at work was a pain. Been shirtless since Saturday but if I did that at work the wimmens would go crazy cause... I am backwoods sexy.

Got home took shirt off, put some Aloe and lidocaine gel on shoulders and back of neck... Felt bumps... Look like little blisters... Ouch but I imagine they will be where I start peeling later. Oh and that does not count the calf cramp that made me cuss like a sailor and scared the wife... Nor the hand cramps... Or the shivers I got for a few minutes later that evening.

So... Your turn.

Sounds like you caught a dose of what my father would have called " sun poisoning "
A harsh,heavy dose ,when you mentioned the chills coming on later,I was about 13 or 14 and did a ' contract' job for a farmer to weed a 40 acre patch of soybeans one summer and prolly 1/8th of that field had horseweeds 7-8 foot tall solid, along one fence ,about 14-18 rows wide all the way down that fence,,, I laid up for two days b-4 I could go back and finish that job,and I wore a shirt afterwards, also.

My bro was supposed to hit the lake and he told me to move into his pool house (pool table,big screen and 6 stool stocked bar) for the weekend if I wanted,,, I declined and pretty much stayed on the couch in the dark / cool confines of my man cave.(He's got a skinny 20 something tweaker daughter and I figured I shouldn't be drinking and floating around in his pool in my underware ,,,just saying)

Last edited:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
You mean 'chiggers'?
We'd get those in Oklahoma visiting dads folks as kids on vacation.
(From laying in the grass)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Yeah, we used to get those at Ft. Knox (KY). Damned little creatures.
Damn,yer' a regular home-boy,my brother, I grew up just a little north of there:thumbup:
You know when you get them,especially around the belt line:lmao2:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Damn,yer' a regular home-boy,my brother, I grew up just a little north of there:thumbup:
You know when you get them,especially around the belt line:lmao2:
I once got a tick in the "nether regions," talk about an unsightly evening :)

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I've been working night shift lately and sleeping during the day. So despite it being blazing outside, I haven't really felt any of the bad afternoon heat yet.