Anyone going to catch HBO's Rome this Sunday?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Two things I love: ancient history and HBO original programming. I'm gonna be in nirvana this weekend if this show is any good. Anyone else anxious to catch it? I hear they spent a pretty penny on the sets.

rome_posterart01_568.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I am waiting on it as well.

IF you have HBO on demand you can go into the INSIDE HBO section (I think that is the one) and there are about 2-4 behind the scenes featurettes on the show.

I have only got to watch a couple of them...one was about the women characters and how they manipulate some of the men and have gained power while the men are off to war but still have to do things behind the scenes as they were still women in that time.

They are not very long but then again you get to see some of the characters and get a little feeling about the show before it starts.

On a side topic...has anyone been watching the new show Weeds or Barbershop on Showtime?

Barbershop is not really that good, they are based on the characters from the movie barbershop but it just doesn't really capture the feeling as much.

Weeds is already pretty good IMO.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Yes I am waiting on it as well.

IF you have HBO on demand you can go into the INSIDE HBO section (I think that is the one) and there are about 2-4 behind the scenes featurettes on the show.

I have only got to watch a couple of them...one was about the women characters and how they manipulate some of the men and have gained power while the men are off to war but still have to do things behind the scenes as they were still women in that time.

They are not very long but then again you get to see some of the characters and get a little feeling about the show before it starts.

On a side topic...has anyone been watching the new show Weeds or Barbershop on Showtime?

Barbershop is not really that good, they are based on the characters from the movie barbershop but it just doesn't really capture the feeling as much.

Weeds is already pretty good IMO.

I saw Kevin Nealon on Adam Corolla's show on Comedy Central and that was the first time I learned about that show. It looks like a good show. They showed the clip with Nealon being a suburban dad but coming home smoking on the pipe in his minivan. It's on my things to do list. I haven't really found any Showtime programming that I enjoy as much as HBO, although I thought the premise of Dead Like Me was interesting, I just never had a chance to watch it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
I saw Kevin Nealon on Adam Corolla's show on Comedy Central and that was the first time I learned about that show. It looks like a good show. They showed the clip with Nealon being a suburban dad but coming home smoking on the pipe in his minivan. It's on my things to do list. I haven't really found any Showtime programming that I enjoy as much as HBO, although I thought the premise of Dead Like Me was interesting, I just never had a chance to watch it.

I agree the HBO shows are better...weeds so far has been pretty good though.

Oh and only two more episodes of Entourage left.

At least rome is starting and hopefully that will shorten what seems to be a long time waiting for Deadwood and Sopranos to come back on.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I agree the HBO shows are better...weeds so far has been pretty good though.

Oh and only two more episodes of Entourage left.

At least rome is starting and hopefully that will shorten what seems to be a long time waiting for Deadwood and Sopranos to come back on.

I can't wait for the last season of The Sopranos! I know it's going to go out with a bang. I was a little disappointed with Deadwood's second season. It wasn't nearly as good as the first season. Hopefully it rebounds.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Speaking of HBO original programming, you fellas see the documentary with Kirk and Michael Douglas recapping their movie careers? Michael Douglas had some serious plastic surgery. I almost don't recognize him. He went from 60 years old last time I saw him in a movie to 40 years old overnight. :eek: Not that I blame him, if I was married to Catherine Zeta-Jones, I'd probalby do all I could to keep lookin' young too. ;)

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Speaking of HBO original programming, you fellas see the documentary with Kirk and Michael Douglas recapping their movie careers? Michael Douglas had some serious plastic surgery. I almost don't recognize him. He went from 60 years old last time I saw him in a movie to 40 years old overnight. :eek: Not that I blame him, if I was married to Catherine Zeta-Jones, I'd probalby do all I could to keep lookin' young too. ;)

Only caught some of it, but it was very good. Kirk Douglas sounds pretty bad now, I had no idea he was having health problems.:(

Kirk is a great actor IMO. I still have not seen Spartacus.:banghead:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:

Thanks for reminding me...I want to catch that..hopefully it will be on HBO in Demand.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
In her latest T-Mobile commercials she looks like she has had some work done recently.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I will be watching Rome and can't wait for the new Sopranos, Deadwood and The Wire.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Payton34Smith22 said:
Only caught some of it, but it was very good. Kirk Douglas sounds pretty bad now, I had no idea he was having health problems.:(

Kirk is a great actor IMO. I still have not seen Spartacus.:banghead:

You should definitely check it out. It was Gladiator before Gladiator.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
You should definitely check it out. It was Gladiator before Gladiator.

I hate to quote myself, but speaking of Gladiator, did anyone buy the new Extended Edition Gladiator DVD? Just wondering what ya thought?

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
I Didn't know anything about that, what does the ex edited version have?

And whats with the different color background on all my post lol?:confused: