Anyone going to Home Depot or someplace at 3 p.m. to get away?

igtmfo

Reaction score
It'll be ugly viewing, whether the Boys produce a huge effort and eke out a win, or (likely) get beat kind of decisively.

Two-point-eight yards by Barber and a cloud of dust, for two-point-eight hours, if we can somehow hang ...

I'll TIVO. I don't want to watch it live, watch at a sports bar live, or anything, that will suck me into it. At best for us, it's going to be a bloodbath game to play, much less watch ...

There will be no 50-yard runs by Felix or anything. No 50 yard passes to Miles Austin, running in the clear. Question: can Brad even SEE that far down the field (maybe he has cataracts or something ...)

I'm a wimp, I'll usually suffer for the Boys, but you guys have to shoulder the load for me tomorrow ..

Now if Bollinger were starting, I'd at least watch the first couple of 3-and-outs just from curiosity ..

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
I think you give way to much credit to the Giants. They are the same team we beat last year. Really their a worst team. I think the Burress business will finaly catch up to them, I also think they answer all the nay sayers and prove to the world that the "Boys are who we thought they were!"

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
So are you saying we are going to get slaughtered?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
gah, i'm the exact opposite. i have to write a research paper nad study for a midterm.

i DO want to watch this game however.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
To OP:

How boutcha man up and become a real Cowboys fan? Just a thought....:cool:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
No one on this board should willingly miss a game. Yes, situations do come up that make us sometimes miss the game. However, if you choose to do something that you could do at another time to avoid watching the game then, well, you should have your board membership revoked.

Deep_South

Reaction score
If watching the game is too scary, it might be a good time for a manicure, pedicure, and waxing. Just saying...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
nake;2388612 said:
If watching the game is too scary, it might be a good time for a manicure, pedicure, and waxing. Just saying...

My thoughts exactly.

seniorette

Reaction score
Go watch the OU Neb game.
After seeing what Neb. is going through you will be thourghly indoctranated.
They are taking a licking.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
sure glad you made a thread about it.

we need more threads like this clogging up the joint.

igtmfo

Reaction score
AbeBeta:

I will not willingly miss a game. I will, willingly, watch a Cowboys game tomorrow ...

I'll watch my VHS copy of Cowboys-Bills Super Bowl 1993 or 1994 :))

You are right, any real Boys fan is a ***** if he doesn't watch a game that he could. My defense:

- I'm tired of Jerry as GM when he could have hired the dude at New England (forgot his name) under Scott Pioli that the Falcons hired away as GM. Have you seen, that miserable Falcons team is a miraculous 4-2?

- And other Jerry gaffes, such as: Brad Johnson as backup QB even though Matt Moore outplayed him in 2007 camp and preseason, and was 18-19 years younger to boot. Did you know, Jerry's worst problem is pride, and he didn't want to eat Brad's contract then? (... sorry I can't remember the salary implications of Brad's contract ...)

- Jerry in 1992, after their first SB win, firing his star scouting team of Dick Mansgerber, John Wooten and Bob Ackles. Why? Because Jimmy and Jerry thought they were the two new Einsteins, were responsible for all their success, and could do it all, just as part-time scouts themselves. And why did the Boys win the preceding SB, and two of the next three Super Bowls? Hint: it wasn't because of Jimmy or Jerry as scouts .. And .. why did the Cowboys fade for the last 15 years? (Answers above).

Big Dakota

Reaction score
igtmfo;2388550 said:
It'll be ugly viewing, whether the Boys produce a huge effort and eke out a win, or (likely) get beat kind of decisively.

Two-point-eight yards by Barber and a cloud of dust, for two-point-eight hours, if we can somehow hang ...

I'll TIVO. I don't want to watch it live, watch at a sports bar live, or anything, that will suck me into it. At best for us, it's going to be a bloodbath game to play, much less watch ...

There will be no 50-yard runs by Felix or anything. No 50 yard passes to Miles Austin, running in the clear. Question: can Brad even SEE that far down the field (maybe he has cataracts or something ...)

I'm a wimp, I'll usually suffer for the Boys, but you guys have to shoulder the load for me tomorrow ..

Now if Bollinger were starting, I'd at least watch the first couple of 3-and-outs just from curiosity ..
Sgt. O'Neill: Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one, all right? I mean I got a bad feeling! I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here! D'ya understand what I'm sayin' to you?

notherbob

Reaction score
I'll be watching the game tomorrow even though I figure the Boys will be outcoached and outplayed and lose. I would like to see something resembling spirit and enthusiasm from them but I don't expect it. This group of players just don't seem to have come together as a team yet this year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
igtmfo;2388550 said:

Have faith in our team....watch it and watch it with pride.

This game will not break our seaon...IF we lose. Yes it will be a big win, if we win. However, it will still not make our season. It is 1 game...and we will have 7 more to go.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
igtmfo;2388550 said:

Just wondering, what did you do in 1989?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2388856 said:
Just wondering, what did you do in 1989?
Well, we didn't have any expectations in 89, so I think this is a different situation.