Anyone good at investing?

Wimbo

Reaction score
In my opinion buying individual stocks is kinda like gambling. Anything you may know about the company is well known by Wall Street & adjustments have been made based on that info. Individual stock prices will fluctuate based on the expectations are for the next earnings report. Trying to "get rich quick" by gambling on one or two stocks seems too risky for me. Remember all those IBM retirees from the 1990's who had their entire life savings wiped out? Not me, brother. Diversification is the way to go. I worked for my money & I want to see it grow while minimizing the risks. True, all investments are a risk, but when you cover yourself from many angles you minimize that risk while allowing opportunity for growth. If I can stay ahead of the S&P500, then I consider it a good year.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Not me, brother. Diversification is the way to go. I worked for my money & I want to see it grow while minimizing the risks. True, all investments are a risk, but when you cover yourself from many angles you minimize that risk while allowing opportunity for growth.

Yep, .. and I have all of my stocks, inside my 401 and not, .. reinvesting the dividend.

The closer I get to retirement, the less risk I take.

jimmy40

Reaction score
If so do you have any tips and good sources where I can learn how to make some money.

9780764553608_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
buy on the downslope sell on the upslope . taking a profit never fails. when you lose , buy more to even out your average cost. Watch some jim cramer mad money on csnbc , learn some terms etc...