Anyone good at photo editing?

Wimbo

Reaction score
I have a picture of my son from a recent baseball game that I want to frame. I want to zoom in a little closer to him while maintaining photo dimensions, and also de-emphasize the background... blur it a little, while keeping his image and the foreground sharp. Of course, I want it to still look natural. I don't have the software/tools to do this. Anyone here that can help me out?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The tools are free. (Gimp) You just need the know how. (Google can help there)

Just make sure when you save it that you dont lower the resolution to 72dpi. You want it to be print quality.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4574016 said:
The tools are free. (Gimp) You just need the know how. (Google can help there)

Just make sure when you save it that you dont lower the resolution to 72dpi. You want it to be print quality.

Thanks, but I am not looking for a DIY project. Looking for someone who is already proficient at this that can help me on one picture.

kmp77

Reaction score
Wimbo;4574007 said:
I have a picture of my son from a recent baseball game that I want to frame. I want to zoom in a little closer to him while maintaining photo dimensions, and also de-emphasize the background... blur it a little, while keeping his image and the foreground sharp. Of course, I want it to still look natural. I don't have the software/tools to do this. Anyone here that can help me out?

What resolution is the photo? send me a link