Anyone hear JJT's weekly segment on the Ticket on Thurs.

jlust22

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the incident that took place today other than what iceberg wrote below. But, from listening to JJT's weekly segment on Norm Hitzges's show on Thursday, it sounded like he and Roy had some issues with each other.

Norm was out but, two other guys filled in and they brought up the name of Roy Williams. Before they even asked the question, JJT said "oh you mean the Roy Williams who has no sacks, no interceptions, no forced fumbles or fumble recoveries." JJT was complaining that Roy didn't talk after game, yet had no problem talking on his paid Sunday appearance with Newy Scruggs. He said Roy took back a lot of what he said on Newy's show the next day. He said Roy hides after games and isn't a stand up guy. JJT wanted to know if there was an NFL rule that said since Roy plays far off the line of scrimmage that meant he couldn't intercept a pass or have more hits like the one in the Detroit game. After JJT went off the air, the hosts even commented that it sounded like JJT had an axe to grind with Roy.

I am not defending Roy, just saying when a writer and a player have a problem, you can bet that writer will take every opportunity to bash that player. But, players need to develop a thick skin because criticism comes with territory whether they like it or not. If they have a problem with a writer, they should discuss it man to man.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
jlust22 said:
If they have a problem with a writer, they should discuss it man to man.
The Helll with that, RW dose'nt owe JJT jack.

...except for maybe a late hit. :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That is very strange. I've always thought that JJT did a terrible job -- I've seen firsthand the lounging on the cell phone, not even paying attention to practice -- and I could see how players wouldn't like him. But that letter doesn't sound like Roy to me. I've never heard him not be a standup guy, and take the blame for anything he does wrong.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
That is very strange. I've always thought that JJT did a terrible job -- I've seen firsthand the lounging on the cell phone, not even paying attention to practice -- and I could see how players wouldn't like him. But that letter doesn't sound like Roy to me. I've never heard him not be a standup guy, and take the blame for anything he does wrong.

i'm really hoping this isn't roy. not just because of almost $200 in jerseys, but because of what he's meant to me so far.

i don't care about jjt - but there's always a right and wrong way to handle a problem. anonymous *****ing as far as i know was never put into the "right" category.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Who cares what JJT says, When you listen to him on the Ticket he comes off like an Arrogant Jackass!. He always talks down about the Cowboys, Did you ever notice that he only calls them ,"Dallas" and never the "Cowboys", Like he is to good for his sports job. He is just some hired gun from Ohio State, Let him go back and cover Cleveland or Cincinnati!.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
Who cares what JJT says, When you listen to him on the Ticket he comes off like an Arrogant Jackass!. He always talks down about the Cowboys, Did you ever notice that he only calls them ,"Dallas" and never the "Cowboys", Like he is to good for his sports job. He is just some hired gun from Ohio State, Let him go back and cover Cleveland or Cincinnati!.

oh look - justification!

roy is perfect. i'm sorry to bring up that his response was less than expected. we can move on now to a wonderful world of what this season will be.

perfect and JJT never saw it coming.

got it.

shnagy

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
I never did like reading the guys articles, they always stated the obvious. Who cares if he calls them Dalls? Most people associate the Cowboys with Dallas anyway. Roy doesnt seem like the type that would do something like that though. Given time, we should find out the real story.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
iceberg said:
oh look - justification!

roy is perfect. i'm sorry to bring up that his response was less than expected. we can move on now to a wonderful world of what this season will be.

perfect and JJT never saw it coming.

got it.

I can't believe you are even standing up for the lowly beat writer. ***K HIM! I don't think Roy would maliciously do anything to hurt his rep or anyone elses, but for you to ASSUME, well that is horrible. Where are your loyalties? Yeah, of course you're going to come back with your ethics speech, but you seem to be overly concerned about this. :rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
shnagy said:
I never did like reading the guys articles, they always stated the obvious. Who cares if he calls them Dalls? Most people associate the Cowboys with Dallas anyway. Roy doesnt seem like the type that would do something like that though. Given time, we should find out the real story.

and i pray to god this isn't roy.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
I can't believe you are even standing up for the lowly beat writer. ***K HIM! I don't think Roy would maliciously do anything to hurt his rep or anyone elses, but for you to ASSUME, well that is horrible. Where are your loyalties? Yeah, of course you're going to come back with your ethics speech, but you seem to be overly concerned about this. :rolleyes:

i'm not standing up for jjt. i guess i could say i'm in utter shock you can't read what the hell i'm saying.

whoever this player is, their response was ****.

i don't care where it went. it was **** to begin with.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
iceberg said:
and i pray to god this isn't roy.

Even if it is Roy, are you just gonna go on and bad mouth his every move and put away the Roy posters on your walls and burn your Roy jerseys? He's human. Everyone makes mistakes and says things they sometimes wish they could take back. JJT doesn't sound like he is holding back anything with his smart **s comments.

So who is the bigger baby? Seems to me JJT is a hot head, cocky little *******.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Even if it is Roy, are you just gonna go on and bad mouth his every move and put away the Roy posters on your walls and burn your Roy jerseys? He's human. Everyone makes mistakes and says things they sometimes wish they could take back. JJT doesn't sound like he is holding back anything with his smart **s comments.

So who is the bigger baby? Seems to me JJT is a hot head, cocky little *******.

jjt comes to the office every day. you know what he said and where he said it.

now, compare again what was done to him. did he get the same in return? i don't care if he's an *** or not, you don't take the shot at the weak guy because you can unless you have no other shot to give.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nope, nor do you keep up the bad mouthing either, which JJT clearly is doing. He could have dismissed it like a stand up guy, which would have made whoever look like a real idiot. But nooo, he is right there talking s*** and asking for more. Yeah, real stand up guy!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Another thing, why is this such a huge concern of yours? Are you going to to go bed worrying about it, and then come back here tomorrow hoping to defend JJT some more?

You're in the minority while defending this idiot beat writer.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Another thing, why is this such a huge concern of yours? Are you going to to go bed worrying about it, and then come back here tomorrow hoping to defend JJT some more?

You're in the minority while defending this idiot beat writer.

i'm not defending jjt.

i'm *****ing at the coward who couldn't sign his own note.

and i'm ok with being in the minority. it keeps the a**holes out.

let me know how the weather is.

then let me know when you care to hear what i'm saying vs. define it to your agenda.

on second thought...

shnagy

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what is happening off the field here. The real problem is whats going to happen on the field if they don't get their heads in the game. This is part of the problem they are having this season, too much stuff happening off the field and they aren't focusing and executing like they should. Both sides are acting like a$$es. Roy needs to get back to what he does best and thats playing football.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
shnagy said:
It doesn't matter what is happening off the field here. The real problem is whats going to happen on the field if they don't get their heads in the game. This is part of the problem they are having this season, too much stuff happening off the field and they aren't focusing and executing like they should. Both sides are acting like a$$es. Roy needs to get back to what he does best and thats playing football.

I can definitely agree with that.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
iceberg said:
i'm not defending jjt.

i'm *****ing at the coward who couldn't sign his own note.

and i'm ok with being in the minority. it keeps the a**holes out.

let me know how the weather is.

then let me know when you care to hear what i'm saying vs. define it to your agenda.

on second thought...

Now who's the one with the agenda? That's what I thought! :rolleyes:

shnagy

Reaction score
Fletch said:
I can definitely agree with that.
If they come out and execute, there is still a chance that we can make the playoffs, a very slim chance. Parcells needs to do something about the outside distractions, because obviously this team cannot handle them.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Now who's the one with the agenda? That's what I thought! :rolleyes:

you made me have one to talk to you.

go blame me. it's standard for the terratory.