Anyone hear JJT's weekly segment on the Ticket on Thurs.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
shnagy said:
If they come out and execute, there is still a chance that we can make the playoffs, a very slim chance. Parcells needs to do something about the outside distractions, because obviously this team cannot handle them.

Shnagy, it's a very very very very slim chance at that. We have Philly twice, Baltimore in two weeks, and Seattle on a Monday night in Seattle. I'm hoping that when Julius gets back, that his presence alone rejuvinates the Cowboys and their running game. Once he got hurt, the season took a nose dive.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Shnagy, it's a very very very very slim chance at that. We have Philly twice, Baltimore in two weeks, and Seattle on a Monday night in Seattle. I'm hoping that when Julius gets back, that his presence alone rejuvinates the Cowboys and their running game. Once he got hurt, the season took a nose dive.

yea, there was no other reason. let's pin our hopes on jjones now.

shnagy

Reaction score
Fletch and Iceberg, you both have valid points. This situation was handled terribly by both sides. Roy, if it was Roy, should not focus on this guy, he is not the problem. However, what has JJT ever done in his pro football career? thats right, he didn't have one.

shnagy

Reaction score
Fletch said:
I know, its a very slim chance, but the great teams can come back and make the playoffs. I don't think they can do it right now by the way that they are acting, but still they do have a chance.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
shnagy said:
Fletch and Iceberg, you both have valid points. This situation was handled terribly by both sides. Roy, if it was Roy, should not focus on this guy, he is not the problem. However, what has JJT ever done in his pro football career? thats right, he didn't have one.

i don't buy that argument. the one of "you never played the game you can't talk."

have you?

have i?

no, i dare say. but we still talk. passionatey.

should we stop because we've not played football?

the bottom line is someone went overboard and hid.

i can't respect that.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
iceberg said:
yea, there was no other reason. let's pin our hopes on jjones now.

Better than sticking up for your little beat writer. :D I knew someone like you would take a stab at my Julius comment. Anyone who knows football isn't going to pin all their hopes on Julius. But he will sure be a welcomed addition. Anything is possible.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
iceberg said:
i don't buy that argument. the one of "you never played the game you can't talk."

have you?

have i?

i can't respect that.

But you can respect JJT, while on the radio, going at Roy Williams? Real stand up guy you're defending. LOL Seems to me JJT got called out for being the punk **s he is, and is trying to save face.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Better than sticking up for your little beat writer. :D I knew someone like you would take a stab at my Julius comment. Anyone who knows football isn't going to pin all their hopes on Julius. But he will sure be a welcomed addition. Anything is possible.

again, for the terminally slow - i never stuck up for anyone.

i b* ched at the gutless who wouldn't sign their cute and clever note.

i'm big on personal responsibility and i didn't see it from the cowboy player.

i voiced it.

you want to get cute.

you do that. i'm not going there even if that makes me the bad guy.

shnagy

Reaction score
iceberg said:

have you?

have i?

i can't respect that.
The fact is that the players should focus on what's happening on the field, not off. They should expect criticism when they don't perform, because hey, look how much they are getting paid. If i was getting paid to play football, it wouldn't bother my *** any. JJT seems as though he had a lot to do with this too, but like i said, focus on whats happening on the field instead of off.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
iceberg said:
again, for the terminally slow - i never stuck up for anyone.

i b* ched at the gutless who wouldn't sign their cute and clever note.

i'm big on personal responsibility and i didn't see it from the cowboy player.

i voiced it.

you want to get cute.

you do that. i'm not going there even if that makes me the bad guy.

Yep, you definitely have an agenda. Can tell you are hoping more of this comes to light so you can begin pointing your finger and saying, "I told ya so."
If you have kids, I pity them. You make mountains out of mole hills.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
shnagy said:
The fact is that the players should focus on what's happening on the field, not off. They should expect criticism when they don't perform, because hey, look how much they are getting paid. If i was getting paid to play football, it wouldn't bother my *** any. JJT seems as though he had a lot to do with this too, but like i said, focus on whats happening on the field instead of off.

whoever the player is - they shouldn't make such a "hack" reporter the focus of their season.

it's an example to me of where we're screwed across the board.

ddh33

Reaction score
iceberg said:
whoever the player is - they shouldn't make such a "hack" reporter the focus of their season.

it's an example to me of where we're screwed across the board.

I think we're overreacting to this. It could be a player using this as motivation. It could be something more personal. Regardless, I don't blame a player for having enough pride to take up for himself.

Reaction score
If JJT has proven anything, its that he is a awful writer...
He has no insight on the Cowboys OR Football...

He should go away and take that WUSS zimmy with him...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Yep, you definitely have an agenda. Can tell you are hoping more of this comes to light so you can begin pointing your finger and saying, "I told ya so."
If you have kids, I pity them. You make mountains out of mole hills.

ok mr oversized god love my avatar - you've been on my arse ever since this began. you've been in a subtle attack mode on me and i've tried to blow you off time and time again but you keep coming back to tell me for the 1,389,283 time how i defend JJT.

for the 1.389,284th time - i'm not defending jjt at all. if he's an arse, he's an arse. but even an arse doesn't deserve anonymous slam notes in front of their peers. if you can't see the lack of basic respect in that, then i need to know no more about you.

maybe it's me, but the "kids" comment is not warranted as i've not insulted you or your family. if you disagree with me that's fine. but insulting me now?

again, i find it so utterly ironic i can't say **** in here without it being censored (which is fine by the rules of the board) but this note is 1) no big deal and 2) mods here will sign it although not allow that language in here.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding too biased, nobody has proven to me that it was Roy Williams that said this. I’ve seen crazier things done, teammates sticking up for teammates, and it wouldn’t surprise me if JJT did this himself just to make a publicity stunt. Some people are nutso like that.

If it was Roy, it was just a dumb move. I can see how he could be insulted for being called a thief. I know I would be. But, there’s better ways of handling it, better ways at making a dig at a beatwriter like that and making that beatwriter look stupid.

If it was another player, they didn’t do Roy any favors here.

As far as JJT goes, he’s a middle of the pack beatwriter. Nothing good, nothing awful. Of course he’s going to take the ball and run with this. That’s the way reporters work.

But I think we are over-speculating until we get more evidence of who put up the note.

Rich……………….