Anyone know the cap implications if we have to cut Rivera next March?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone know the cap implications if we have to cut him next March after another crap year? I seem to recall Mick saying we need to get three years out of him, minimum.

rojan

Reaction score
That would suck...I hope he plays well this year

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
There was some talk in early March (KFFL) about him possibly restructuring. I wonder if this ever happened.

Most I can find about Rivera's contract is that it was 5 year 20 MM with a 9 MM signing bonus. Not sure if that signing bonus is included withint he 20 MM.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
bbgun said:
Anyone know the cap implications if we have to cut him next March after another crap year? I seem to recall Mick saying we need to get three years out of him, minimum.

Did anyone on the cowboys squad play okay or better in your eyes last season?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
theogt said:
There was some talk in early March (KFFL) about him possibly restructuring. I wonder if this ever happened.

Most I can find about Rivera's contract is that it was 5 year 20 MM with a 9 MM signing bonus. Not sure if that signing bonus is included withint he 20 MM.

:lmao2: I love that last quote in your sig. :lmao:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Well, I gotta believe that Allen was making more, so if his departure didn't sink us, neither will Rivera's. That said, I hope he bounces back--for everyone's sake.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Well, I gotta believe that Allen was making more, so if his departure didn't sink us, neither will Rivera's. That said, I hope he bounces back--for everyone's sake.
Allen's contract was already at the backend and the contract was backloaded. Rivera's contract is only one year in, so that big bonus would hurt a lot more than LAs hit.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Did anyone on the cowboys squad play okay or better in your eyes last season?

Hmm. You seem to be stalking me today. Here's what I want you to do: travel to the land of My Little Pony, where everything is sweet and light, all Cowboy players are flawless, and never a discouraging word is heard. Have fun.

235-416-foto_home.jpg

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Its ripped off from Chuck Norris Jokes look HERE.
Of course it was. There was an entire thread here full of them with Norris replaced with TO.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
bbgun said:
Hmm. You seem to be stalking me today. Here's what I want you to do: travel to the land of My Little Pony, where everything is sweet and light, all Cowboy players are flawless, and never a discouraging word is heard. Have fun.

235-416-foto_home.jpg

This is the second post i made in response to you.

You cant answer the question tho without exposing the sham your position is tho. Thats fine carry on with your regualarly scheduled trolling.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
what'd he get a 9 million SB? if we cut him next March the SB would count about 5.4 mill toward the cap. I don't know his salary #s but I'd guess this would cost about 3 million-ish in dead money. But if he has a year like last year we might have to take the hit.

I recall that all three of the big deals we made last year all had break even points after year 3.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc said:
what'd he get a 9 million SB? if we cut him next March the SB would count about 5.4 mill toward the cap. I don't know his salary #s but I'd guess this would cost about 3 million-ish in dead money. But if he has a year like last year we might have to take the hit.

I recall that all three of the big deals we made last year all had break even points after year 3.
Luckily Fabini, a full offseason of healing, and reduced pass-rushing (see TO) should improve his play. :crossed:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
bbgun said:

Why would you assume that Rivera is gonna have another "crap year"??

You're just a regular ray of sunshine, aren't you??