Anyone know this about an Android tablet?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Android phone and am thinking of getting a tablet just for some basic use. If I get an Android tablet, can I use use my same google account with it that I use on my phone? If I do that, does it mean I have to have all the same apps installed on the tablet that are on the phone? There are plenty of phone apps that I don't really need on the tablet.

The main reason for owning a tablet would be to use the Spark guitar amp app on it and have a bigger screen. It runs fine on my phone, but having that one app full-sized would be amazing. I might do some other basic things like playing some music on it or play chess, but nothing major. I won't take any calls on it or do social media with it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Do you have a desktop PC? You can even download a program called Bluestacks and run your Android apps through that from the convenience of your PC. And yes, your Google account will work on there as well. Just an FYI.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Do you have a desktop PC? You can even download a program called Bluestacks and run your Android apps through that from the convenience of your PC. And yes, your Google account will work on there as well. Just an FYI.

My PC is a Kubuntu Linux one, not Windows, so I'm not sure if Bluestacks will work. However, I could check with the Linux community to see if there's something that will play Android apps under Linux. I'd bet there's something. Android OS is actually a variant of Linux.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i know it was the byproduct of the gov's back engineering program of recovered alien debris from the roswell ufo crash.

nobody

Reaction score
Take your pick:

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRdJev8leT2KirUog60WIO4f-RQ0n7bGr8ehg&usqp=CAU

Tinfoil hats for all styles!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
My PC is a Kubuntu Linux one, not Windows, so I'm not sure if Bluestacks will work. However, I could check with the Linux community to see if there's something that will play Android apps under Linux. I'd bet there's something. Android OS is actually a variant of Linux.

Pretty sure you can just install the Android SDK and it comes with an emulator.