Anyone know where Steve Hoffman is?

burmafrd

Reaction score
If you want to intimidate kickers hire Walter Thomas once the saints cut him; have him stand there and stare at the kicker all game long licking his chops. And have someone tell the kicker that the first time he has a bad kick Thomas will tear him apart, swallow most of him, and use his legbone as a toothpick.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1485067 said:
Hire Larry Allen as kicking coach when he retires from playing. :laugh2:
Jose Cortez still wakes up in cold sweats in the middle of the night, screaming, "LAAAAARRY"! :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1484582 said:
he struck gold on one kicker, the rest were average

I agree with you. There was nothing spectacular that Hoffman did. Since then Jones has made bigger investments on our kickers so we are no longer dealing with low end kickers.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1485080 said:
I agree with you. There was nothing spectacular that Hoffman did. Since then Jones has made bigger investments on our kickers so we are no longer dealing with low end kickers.

And where exactly did making bigger investments in kickers get us?

Hoffman may not be the greatest, but our kicking situation hasn't improved much since he has been gone, even with the bigger investments.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1485092 said:

Hoffman may not be the greatest, but our kicking situation hasn't improved much since he has been gone, even with the bigger investments.

I think Gramatica did a good job for us last season. I also think too much credit is going to Hoffman, he does not kick the ball the player does it is up to the player and all the talks Hoffman may have with a kicker does not change the fact it is the player who makes the play not the coach. As for as our kicking situation is was not that great when he was here.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1485092 said:

Partly because we signed a choke artist kicker last yr

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Not defending Hoffman.........but we have had kicker problems longer than we've had OL problems, with or without Hoffman, not because of Hoffman.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1485103 said:
Not defending Hoffman.........but we have had kicker problems longer than we've had OL problems, with or without Hoffman, not because of Hoffman.

I agree. We have gone through some kicker with and without Hoffman. Gramatica Did a good job last season and hopefully with continued good health he can get back to the kicker he was before the injury.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
_hoff_lrg_236-764494.gif

Nevermind...wrong Hoff.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ThreeSportStar80;1485225 said:
I can't believe a Steve Hoffman thread actually made it to FOUR pages...:(

He has reached legend or deity status among some fans of the Cowboys for some reason.

I think Hos NAILED IT with his initial post.

The guy is good but he was not a Jimmy Johnson or someone of that magnitude...he was just a Kicking Coach.