Anyone know why Sharper picked off Eli 3 times?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
1. Cuz Sharper is a smart player.

2. Eli stares down his WRs bigtime. Next time you get a chance, watch him play. As soon as he takes the snap he's looking directly at his primary target. And he doesn't move to his 2nd and 3rd targets very often. Teams with good safeties are gonna give him trouble till he learns to look at his WR w/o turning his head. Watch Bledsoe play. He looks at his WRs with his eyes, not by turning his whole head.

Hope we can take advantage of it when we play them again.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
Rack said:
2. Eli stares down his WRs bigtime.

Bingo! I've seen sooo much Eli this season and that is what he does. His last pick was perfect evidence of it. He had Barber wide open, but went with his first read. I hope Dallas has picked up on this! Although, they did do a good job on him most of the game last time.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Excellent observation. I noticed that as well. Maybe we'll see more defenses take advantage of that.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Yep...the staring down of his WR's is what I noticed as well.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Remember when we all wanted him to be a Cowboy this year? I sure so.

I didn't at the time, but I do now. We don't need a ballhawking FS, but it would be extremely nice to have one. Especially now that we are actually getting to the QB.

scottsp

Reaction score
Also, two of those picks could have been fair caught. They were horrible reads.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
There were at least 2 more sure picks dropped in that game.

Eli looked hungover or drunk - really

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I watch basically all Giants games, I mentioned this a while ago. Hes still got nice talent nad potential, thats why I get pissed when all theese people tried to tell me hes already as good as peyton and I have to think hes awesome or Im lying to myself

He had 4 picks total, and should of had 6. Hes still got a ways to go

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Eli looked really bad today. They had every opportunity in the world to beat a very bad Minnesota team and didn't. Minnesota is really bad on offense and gave Eli all the time in the world to throw the ball. Yet Eli should have had 6 picks.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
All Pro NFC

Eli's 4 picks hurt.

Hasselbeck? Brunell?

McNabb is in the hunt but he's about to snap (ouch).

If Bledsoe plays second half on course he gets in. I don't see anyone else playing better.