Anyone live or lived outside USA?

vlad

Reaction score
Where and why? What did you like/dislike? Really any color you can provide is welcome, thx!

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I grew up in Jersey. Does that count?
I guess another planet does count as outside the U.S.
I watched some comedy on netflix few weeks ago, some guy from China i think, forgot the name sorry. Anyway he described the Northeast USA and said that we live as if the war vs the King hasn't ended yet, i laughed. When i thought about that, i think it's a very good description even though it was a joke. People always say we're rude, fast moving, and only care about money, but i don't think that's true. I think we do indeed live as if we're at war with something, it's the elements and the elements are winning. :( :laugh: :popcorn:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched some comedy on netflix few weeks ago, some guy from China i think, forgot the name sorry. Anyway he described the Northeast USA and said that we live as if the war vs the King hasn't ended yet, i laughed. When i thought about that, i think it's a very good description even though it was a joke. People always say we're rude, fast moving, and only care about money, but i don't think that's true. I think we do indeed live as if we're at war with something, it's the elements and the elements are winning. :( :laugh: :popcorn:
I'm at war with most of the people on the road!

vlad

Reaction score
Japan for 5 years. Loved it and plan on retiring there. Little to no crime, best public transportation in the world, lots of things to do and see.

That's very cool, Japan is on my list... Just a different world. Crazy clean too, right? Were you in city or more rural? Any parts you thinking of retiring specifically?

I'm trying to see if I can move "retirement" up if I live somewhere more affordable and for me I don't care about material stuff outside of a bicycle... Def don't want a McMansion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's very cool, Japan is on my list... Just a different world. Crazy clean too, right? Were you in city or more rural? Any parts you thinking of retiring specifically?

I'm trying to see if I can move "retirement" up if I live somewhere more affordable and for me I don't care about material stuff outside of a bicycle... Def don't want a McMansion.
I was an hour train ride south west of Hiroshima. Very rural but close to cities big enough to have what I needed. Also close to a Marine Base where I can do most of my grocery shopping.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:laugh: Fair enough. I guess I just meant overall, as a whole. Seems like you can pick any direction and hit a large urban area significantly quick there.

Yeah, I think they have a high population density, overall. I mean, look how many are still left after Godzilla stomped all over the place!