Anyone looking for headphones click...

Jenky

Reaction score
Sennheiser is still better than Beats sound and quality wise. I've seen a ton of people who wear Beats at the gym while working out -- probably due to marketing and how the headphones look. I personally couldn't handle any cans around my head when lifting or doing cardio. The Apple earbuds are way more than adequate for me and lightweight.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Sennheiser still makes GREAT microphones. The industry has changed and they, like others, aren't what they once were. I'm sure this is a pretty good product...

The Klipsch S3 earbuds are FAR and away the best value on the market...

Beats has nothing that touch these... I have no problem with a good marketing campaign... it's what makes money, but as an audiophile, Beats are WAY overrated. They are a very decent product that should retail at around $30-$40... WAY overpriced...

Jenky

Reaction score
trickblue;4340130 said:
Sennheiser still makes GREAT microphones. The industry has changed and they, like others, aren't what they once were. I'm sure this is a pretty good product...

Beats has nothing that touch these... I have no problem with a good marketing campaign... it's what makes money, but as an audiophile, Beats are WAY overrated. They are a very decent product that should retail at around $30-$40... WAY overpriced...

Are you talking about these?
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-Noise-Isolating-Galaxy-Green/dp/B0044TVYWG

I'm actually looking to buy. The ones that came with my iPod are starting to fall apart. I've had them for almost 2 years.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
trickblue;4340130 said:

Yeah Sennheiser use to be top stuff 5-8 years ago, now I am not even sure who is considered the best. I think Klipsch and the usual like Grado or Shure are still much much better than Monster/Beats.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MonsterD;4340353 said:
Yeah Sennheiser use to be top stuff 5-8 years ago, now I am not even sure who is considered the best. I think Klipsch and the usual like Grado or Shure are still much much better than Monster/Beats.

i've got the sennheiser hd 280's and i'll swear by them - nothing sounds as good to my ears. all my DJ mics are pretty much sennheiser as well. if i want gaming headphones oddly enough, plantronics makes come good ones too.

for ear buds, if you have bluetooth, look at altec lansing - they make a great set that wrap around your head and fit very nicely.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4340212 said:
Amazing for the price, the apple headphones are $30.

My kids and wife give me their Apple headphones (they don't like them) and I give them the headphones that come with my phones. or buy new ones at the store. I like Apple's headphone.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
iceberg;4340684 said:
i've got the sennheiser hd 280's and i'll swear by them - nothing sounds as good to my ears. all my DJ mics are pretty much sennheiser as well. if i want gaming headphones oddly enough, plantronics makes come good ones too.

for ear buds, if you have bluetooth, look at altec lansing - they make a great set that wrap around your head and fit very nicely.

I have a some nice studio headphones, but I just use my Logictech ClearChat Pro headset for gaming since it has a boom mic for TeamSpeak.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It all depends on what you're looking for. Some people prefer the sound profile of the Beats, and that's fine, I just think they are overpriced. I was into headphones for a while and I have:

Denon AHD2000 - Use it at my desk when I want something that hits and provides some isolation. I even have a headphone amp to decode and process audio and provide more power. Not cheap, but so worth it.

Grado SR80 - These are open air so they leak tons of sound, I use them at work on low volume since I want to hear what's going on around me but they are great for anything where bass isn't the priority like rock, classical, etc. I use them pretty much for anything with live instruments.

Koss PortaPros - On the go, I love these, especially for the price. They are dynamic and make listening to music fun. They suck on crowded transport though because they leak sound which means they also let sound in, kind of annoying on the train and you end up blasting the music to make up for all the background noise. Not good for your ears.

Klipsch Image S4 - In-Ear phones that I picked up a few years ago and they have never let me down. Some people hate these type of headphones because they don't like anything in their ears, but the isolation is great and they sound spectacular. Affordable too, always on some sort of sale.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I just got some Yurbuds for Christmas.

Actually decent sound for earbuds that are mostly designed to lock into your eat and not fall out while running.